Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

The Road to the Top of the East(09-10 version)pg. 41

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, with the whole MP dunking his nuts in Garnetts face....

We have a long road ahead of us and still alot of areas we need to get better at, ie getting Dwight more touches (an SVG qoute from today).

I am happy to see that what I said about Boston is actually happening, but they are still dangerous none the less.

We shouldnt worry about the Cav's, because I have a feeling that they are about to hit the stumbling block as well.

This has been a great year for the East so far, and if the trend continues we might make it to number 1, but only by a game or 2.

Big night tonight for the Top of the East...here is what's on tap:

Hawks at MAGIC - 7:00 FSN

Boston at Cavs - 8:00 ESPN

Pistons at Denver - 9:00 FoxDetroit

Current standings:

Cleveland - 28-6

Boston - 29-8 GB 1.5

MAGIC - 28-8 GB 2.0

Hawks - 22-12 GB 6.0

Pistons - 21-12 GB 6.5

Now, most people seem to want the Celts to lose tonight...if the Cavs lose and we win all 3 teams would be within 1 game of each other...I'm not so sure I want the Cavs to keep this lead and their winning ways...especially with the way the national media seems to be jumping on the Cavs and the Lebron train...Boston is struggling...might be good for the Cavs to be brought back down to earth.

Anyway you look at it the Magic just have to take care of their own business and let's see what happens at the end of tonight's games.

Go Magic!!!

Junkie, the games back numbers you just posted for Boston and Orlando are wrong.

Boston is 1/2 game back. Orlando 1, Atlanta 6, and Detroit 6-1/2.

If Cleveland wins and we win, we'll be in sole possession of 2nd place and a game ahead of the Celtics. If the Celtics win, we'll be tied for second with Cleveland, and a half game behind the Celtics for first.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I want to see the Celtics keep losing regardless of the short term ramifactions.

Im right there with you on this.

They already had to call 2 players from the D-League (just announce), which tells me the Big 3 are starting to run on "E".... which is good news!

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I want to see the Celtics keep losing regardless of the short term ramifactions.

Im right there with you on this.

They already had to call 2 players from the D-League (just announce), which tells me the Big 3 are starting to run on "E".... which is good news!

TWO players from the D-League? Geez. that could also show a lack of confidence by Boston's organization in their bench. GEE, miss James Posey much? Tony Allen's no James Posey. I think I agree, I'd rather see Boston's slide continue as opposed to Cleveland losing another game. I have confidence, so to speak, that they'll miss Big Z sooner rather than later. I think of the 6 losses they have, 2 or 3 of them came without Big Z being active.

And I really hope Denver thrashes Dee-troit tonight. Without Melo too, that would be the icing on the cake.

Fighting for 1st in the East and our division is much more fun than fighting just to get in the playoffs. It's starting to feel like the Shaq and Penny days again, with much less locker room drama.

Current standings at the "Top of the East":

1.) Cavs - 29-6

2.) MAGIC - 29-8 GB 1

3.) Celtics - 29-9 GB 1.5

4.) Hawks - 22-13 GB 7

5.) Detroit - 22-13 GB 7

If the playoffs started today the Magic would play the Nets in the 1st round...the Celts would get D. Wade and the Heat...the Cavs would get Milwaukee.

Relevant games today as pertaining to the top Eastern teams:

Boston at Toronto 12:30

Philly at Atlanta 2:00

ORLANDO at Spurs 8:30

Heat at Lakers 9:30

With a win against the Spurs tonight the Magic can crawl to within 1/2 game of the Cavs who are off.

Go Magic!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Eyriq:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Agreed. They will not be the same team again this season. Their coach is not good enough to pull them out of the tailspin that comes from that sort of soul crushing defeat.

I think we broke Atlanta's spirit....