Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

The Road to the Top of the East(09-10 version)pg. 41

I think we settle into the 3rd seed comfortably. No way Boston let's us take that from them. We are really lacking any scoring punch from our pg position. Jameer and his shooting is sorely missed.

I have no problem avoiding Detroit in the first round even if it means the 3rd seed. This may just be me, BUT I feel more confident beating BOS in a 7 game series without home court than beating DET in a 7 game series with home court.

Again, maybe its just me.

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

I have no problem avoiding Detroit in the first round even if it means the 3rd seed. This may just be me, BUT I feel more confident beating BOS in a 7 game series without home court than beating DET in a 7 game series with home court.

Again, maybe its just me.

It's not just you.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

Well tonight sure did break some balls..

Boston pulls out another BS how-the-hell-did-they-do-that type of win, and we play like we don't want the #2 seed...

Look for Larry Brown to get fined by the NBA next. His post-game rant about his team only attempting 7 free throws in a double overtime game with 102 field goal attempts will most certainly attract the ire of the league office.

But you must admit, he has a point. That was a highly contested, physical game where Boston attempted 26 free throws to Charlotte's 7.

We as Magic fans know how frustrating the officiating can be when playing against the league darlings. Pretty sad to see the refs impact so many games with their unbalanced, some would say biased, whistles.

Philly's Thadeous Young is out 2-3 weeks with a sprained ankle. That's the rest of the season, and possibly the first game of the playoffs.

A loss of his production should certainly effect Philly these last few games. They might lose some games, but hopefully they don't let the Pistons catch them for the 6th. Detroit is 3 games back.

I would love to see Magic vs Heat in the first round, but I'd love more for them to play Boston and knock them off.

"You are what your record says you are" - Bill Parcells

We will take 4 of 7 against Detroit.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Philly's Thadeous Young is out 2-3 weeks with a sprained ankle. That's the rest of the season, and possibly the first game of the playoffs.

A loss of his production should certainly effect Philly these last few games. They might lose some games, but hopefully they don't let the Pistons catch them for the 6th. Detroit is 3 games back.

If I had to predict, I'm willing to bet Detroit won't catch Philly, but this should allow Miami to hang on to the 5th spot over the Sixers. Thaddeus means that much, he takes pressure off of Iguodala to score every possession.

Charles Barkley just said at halftime of the Wizards/Cavs game, "Can we just skip the playoffs and go ahead and play the Eastern Finals between Cleveland and Boston"? "Is Orlando a contender"? "Any team that is trying to get home-court advantage over the Celtics and loses to the Raptors at home is not a contender".

For the record, Washington is leading the Cavs at halftime, 49-41...

You beat me to it :-)

I was just coming to this thread to report about the tool named Barkley.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Charles Barkley just said at halftime of the Wizards/Cavs game, "Can we just skip the playoffs and go ahead and play the Eastern Finals between Cleveland and Boston"? "Is Orlando a contender"? "Any team that is trying to get home-court advantage over the Celtics and loses to the Raptors at home is not a contender".

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I'll give him credit, that's only half as dumb as saying we need another three point shooter.