Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Need an Enforcer ... I Have One

Robert Horry, ladies and gentleman, plain and simple. Why we haven't pursued this guy already is a complete mystery to me. His game, even though his shooting has tailed off with age, is the EXACT game we need.... shooting, toughness, rebounding, and enforcing. Sheed and KG, meet our goon. Get ir done, Otis!!!

Edit: Just sent this e-mail to Otis:

Otis,

Greetings, it has been a while. Thanks for the job you are doing. The team looks great. It seems to me that the Magic could still use another big who specializes in toughness and rebounding. Interestingly, a name that comes to mind is Robert Horry. Do you think he still has enough in the tank to "d-up" Sheed and KG and help our team out? The guy could open a jewelry store with all of his championship hardware. I would love a response.

Go Magic!

Robert Horry, ladies and gentleman, plain and simple. Why we haven't pursued this guy already is a complete mystery to me. His game, even though his shooting has tailed off with age, is the EXACT game we need.... shooting, toughness, rebounding, and enforcing. Sheed and KG, meet our goon. Get ir done, Otis!!!

Edit: Just sent this e-mail to Otis:

Otis,

Greetings, it has been a while. Thanks for the job you are doing. The team looks great. It seems to me that the Magic could still use another big who specializes in toughness and rebounding. Interestingly, a name that comes to mind is Robert Horry. Do you think he still has enough in the tank to "d-up" Sheed and KG and help our team out? The guy could open a jewelry store with all of his championship hardware. I would love a response.

Go Magic!

I don't think Horry has anything left in the tank. If he did, I think he would play another year for the Spurs.

Are you sure Horry is an enforcer and not a flopper?

Also, he likes to operate on the perimeter as far as I can remember, how does that help us again?

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Also, he likes to operate on the perimeter as far as I can remember, how does that help us again?

Have you seen the playoff where amare got suspended playing the spurs. You know when Horry straight out flagrant steve nash.

quote:
Originally posted by victorythagr8:

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Have you seen the playoff where amare got suspended playing the spurs. You know when Horry straight out flagrant steve nash.

That was the Suns last, best chance at a title. If that doesn't happen, I think the Suns win that series and go on to beat the Cavs in the Finals.

So, you could say that Robert Horry is responsible for keeping a great Suns team from a title, as well as keeping a great Kings team from a title (that improbable 3 pointer for the Lakers against the Kings when Divac tapped the rebound out).

You could take it a step further and say that Horry's awesome play in the '95 Finals helped keep a great Magic team from a title.

Hmm...I'm suddenly not caring for Horry too much.

I felt really bad for the Suns that year, but id take Horry, hes could be our goon. Imagine him leveling Prince against detroit in the playoffs as he goes for a layup

Soul bro, did someone slip some rum in your coffee this morning? Robert Horry? Come on man. He's completely over the hill. His tank is beyond empty. While we're at it let's give Cliff Robinson and Kevin Willis a call.

We need all the things you mentioned, just not Robert Horry.

Okay, I'm back. Here's a question for you guys. Who would you have behind Warlock and Battie, Foyle or Horry? For me the answer is simple, Horry. Sure, his play has slipped. But he can defend athletic bigs (Sheed and KG) and shoot, unlike Aluminum. If my memory serves me correct, he defended Dwight and Amare quite well within the last two years. Plus, he is dirty and defends his team ... unlike anyone on our team. So unless we somehow trade for a player like him, yes, I'd like that man on our team.

Here's to Sheed coming to the Magic this summer!!! Magic 08-09 NBA Champions!