Sign in to follow this  
ma

Game Thread: Heat @ Magic [1/2/2009]

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

After that last Turk drive, I can't see how anyone can argue that Turk's layups aren't lower percentage shots than his jumpers. He just makes me cringe every time he drives. He should take it to the hole strong, kind of like when he took it to Tayshaun in the playoffs.

than blocked anyway..:S

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Miami and Orlando is getting away with a lot of push fouls due to the intensity on defense.

I wanted to see Shard driving to the lane more.

Hedo is off shooting wise, but I think he is compensating in assists and rebounds.

By the way, this forum did not come up on my computer for the past 30 minutes. Was it crashed?

Yeah it was mega slow, refreshing would take about 5 minutes for me.

Jameer and Dwight just said let's go home, not a lot of heat in here.

He needs to work on that. I think the reason is that he shoots it too strong off the glass, maybe due to being pushed? or maybe trusts Dwight to clean up?

Rashard missed a similar layup also

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

After that last Turk drive, I can't see how anyone can argue that Turk's layups aren't lower percentage shots than his jumpers. He just makes me cringe every time he drives. He should take it to the hole strong, kind of like when he took it to Tayshaun in the playoffs.

Very good defense in the second half.

Very ugly offense all game long.

Good thing Miami had a very bad 4th quarter, and some calls went our way.

I still think we are jacking up too many three pointers. We have forgotten somewhat that the inside opens up our outside.

But you've got to love that type of defense in the 4th, just amazing.

Courtney did a great job and I gotta give Turk credit. He stayed focused on an abysmal shooting night and gave us good effort in other areas.

Dwight picked it up in the 4th but was non existant throughout the rest of the game and that has to change.

Its a good win against an up and comer and it always looks good in the column.

Everyone have a great and safe night

I wanted to wait and make sure that Wade didn't hit some game-winning shot over him, but this game shows that that early all-world lookin' defense we saw from C-Lee wasn't a mirage, his defense is undisputedly NBA ready and then some now after tonight.