Sign in to follow this  
Waltfeld

Idea: JJ and Lee as our back-up Duo

I have been thinking about this when we had AJ, Lee, and JJ as our guards. When Lee and JJ were on the court at the same time we had good fast ball movement and they did not get killed on D and the two of them are respectable shooters that the defense will have to keep on them. Also with the way Detroit went after AJ and Bogans, I think it is time for a change. Does anyone else like this idea or am I alone.

I have been thinking about this when we had AJ, Lee, and JJ as our guards. When Lee and JJ were on the court at the same time we had good fast ball movement and they did not get killed on D and the two of them are respectable shooters that the defense will have to keep on them. Also with the way Detroit went after AJ and Bogans, I think it is time for a change. Does anyone else like this idea or am I alone.

quote:
Originally posted by Waltfeld:

An experienced team like the Pistons would find a way to destroy JJ and Lee playing together, but at this point I'd try anything to see AJ on the bench!

i think its an idea worth trying before the playoffs come around. lee is kinda short sighted, but he is quick. redick is an underrated ball handler and his shot looks a little better than when he was starting. why not?

what are you basing that on chris?

I am basing it on the fact that over the last 11 games he is averaging 2.5 minutes per game. I think Stan is done with this experiment.

Listen, I am all about getting a fuller rotation on this team, it kills me to see guys getting paid to sit and not play when we could use them (JJ, Cook, Foyle) to get guys who can actually help our team instead of holding down the end of the bench.

Don't get me wrong, I do wish we could find a way to use JJ on this team, but Stan just refuses to invest any real time to make this happen. JJ at one point has been the first reserve guard to come in, started a few games, and now can't sniff any PT. He is behind Pietrus, Bogans, and Lee on the depth chart. There just is no real reason to play JJ over any of them. I am all about getting Lee more PT, at any guard position for that matter. As long as he is in there we seem to play better defense and he seems fearless taking it to the hole and has a decent pull up jumper. This will only improve as he gets more minutes. I would much rather see him in there than Bogans, but against the other 3 teams in the East - Boston, Detroit, and Cleveland, if and when we face them in a series if Pietrus has not developed into a starting 2 guard we will not match up well. He provides everything, if not more, than our other guards possess plus size. We can't seriously go into a playoff series with Bogans as our starting 2 guard. A rotation of Pietrus and Lee would be just fine at 2 guard.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

I am basing it on the fact that over the last 11 games he is averaging 2.5 minutes per game. I think Stan is done with this experiment.

Listen, I am all about getting a fuller rotation on this team, it kills me to see guys getting paid to sit and not play when we could use them (JJ, Cook, Foyle) to get guys who can actually help our team instead of holding down the end of the bench.

Don't get me wrong, I do wish we could find a way to use JJ on this team, but Stan just refuses to invest any real time to make this happen. JJ at one point has been the first reserve guard to come in, started a few games, and now can't sniff any PT. He is behind Pietrus, Bogans, and Lee on the depth chart. There just is no real reason to play JJ over any of them. I am all about getting Lee more PT, at any guard position for that matter. As long as he is in there we seem to play better defense and he seems fearless taking it to the hole and has a decent pull up jumper. This will only improve as he gets more minutes. I would much rather see him in there than Bogans, but against the other 3 teams in the East - Boston, Detroit, and Cleveland, if and when we face them in a series if Pietrus has not developed into a starting 2 guard we will not match up well. He provides everything, if not more, than our other guards possess plus size. We can't seriously go into a playoff series with Bogans as our starting 2 guard. A rotation of Pietrus and Lee would be just fine at 2 guard.

Actually I think that Bogans should take Redick's place on the bench he has played like ................

The only good thing about Bogans right now is that his contract is expiring and if Otis gets smart will trade him for a good pg to help Nelson or for a first round draft pick from someone.

chrisinboston this idea of mine is to have Lee and JJ out on the court at the same time playing both guard spots, so think more along the lines as Lee as our first SG off the bench and JJ as the first PG off the bench but they can play both SG and PG.

quote:
Originally posted by Waltfeld:

chrisinboston this idea of mine is to have Lee and JJ out on the court at the same time playing both guard spots, so think more along the lines as Lee as our first SG off the bench and JJ as the first PG off the bench but they can play both SG and PG.

They worked well together before. Bogans just doesn't work well and it's hurting the team.

I was thinking something similar for a different reason. When Jameer has a bad game, the team really suffers. AJ is a competant pg, but he doesn't have the energy and emotional leadership that the team seems to depend on from Jameer.

I remember two years ago when we got that energy from the dynamic duo of Arroyo and Dooling, but SVG made them competitors rather than a pair. They were quite adequate to lead the bench.

So where do we find leadership and energy in our guards? Bogans has neither (and I don't hate Boguns), Peaches has energy, but no sign of leadership potential. Redick and Lee both have energy and seem to energize one another. As a rookie, Lee is a complete follower, but I think JJ has leadership potential now. He's a smart player and not afraid to take charge. I'd like to see SVG use these two as a pair more often. More blow-outs please, team.

i agree, i would like to see Lee come in for meer, but hedo would obviously have to be on the court while this happens because i wouldn't trust lee w/ all the ball handling.

As for redick...he's right where he belongs. It's amazing how quickly everyone forgets how terrible he is at everything except cheering from the bench. Even when bogans isn't scoring, he doesn't take that many shots and he still contributes on D and rebounding (a huge need of ours).

Some people just can't grasp the fact that there is more to basketball than scoring (which JJ is no longer very good at anyway). Maybe that should be the new year's resolution for some of you?

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

i agree, i would like to see Lee come in for meer, but hedo would obviously have to be on the court while this happens because i wouldn't trust lee w/ all the ball handling.

As for redick...he's right where he belongs. It's amazing how quickly everyone forgets how terrible he is at everything except cheering from the bench. Even when bogans isn't scoring, he doesn't take that many shots and he still contributes on D and rebounding (a huge need of ours).

Some people just can't grasp the fact that there is more to basketball than scoring (which JJ is no longer very good at anyway). Maybe that should be the new year's resolution for some of you?

I gather you missed those times where J did make it on the court and outscored Bogans, but then that's not hard to do as of late.

Plus Bogans D has been terrible along with his shooting.

How quickly .............................

There is a resolution for you to cheer on all the Magic not just certain players.