Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Sergio Rodriguez might be on the block

quote:
Jerryd Bayless is about to get his shot.

McMillan was none too pleased with Sergio Rodriguez during the Christmas night loss to Dallas. Sure, Sergio finished 4-for-4 from the field and had a nice backdoor pass to Rudy Fernandez, but McMillan played him only 2:05 of the second half. I asked him Friday why.

"Defense,'' McMillan said, a little more than a touch of disgust in his voice.

"Yeah, the pick-and-roll ...'' I said, noting the Blazers' team-wide problem that night. But before I could finish, McMillan was already shaking his head.

"No, just defense period,'' McMillan said. "He has to play better defense.''

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2008/12/is...ess_the_shot_in.html

This kid would be the perfect back-up for Jameer, and the word is that him and Fran Vasquez are good friend. So Rodriguez addition to our team would help us bring Vasquez over. Otis let make it happen.

quote:

McMillan was none too pleased with Sergio Rodriguez during the Christmas night loss to Dallas. Sure, Sergio finished 4-for-4 from the field and had a nice backdoor pass to Rudy Fernandez, but McMillan played him only 2:05 of the second half. I asked him Friday why.

"Yeah, the pick-and-roll ...'' I said, noting the Blazers' team-wide problem that night. But before I could finish, McMillan was already shaking his head.

This kid would be the perfect back-up for Jameer, and the word is that him and Fran Vasquez are good friend. So Rodriguez addition to our team would help us bring Vasquez over. Otis let make it happen.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

Don't care for any one that don't play defense and don't care about FRAN when we have the Warlock.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:

quote:

Don't care for any one that don't play defense and don't care about FRAN when we have the Warlock.

Warlock was already on record saying that he's considering going oversea next year. He's looking to get paid, and as for Fran he's putting up solid numbers in a limted amount of minutes oversea.

Yeah Gortat said he might and Fran didn't even tell us he was going ...

He just went not a good team player there.

Plus he {FRAN} ain't going to get paid good money coming here and isn't that why he went in the first plce.

i think hed be a good backup, hes definitly better than AJ and hes got the ability to be a real playmaker... that said they wont trade him for JJ or Bogans so its probly not going to happen

if he helps us get fran over here even better, i still havent given up on fran

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

i think hed be a good backup, hes definitly better than AJ and hes got the ability to be a real playmaker ... that said they wont trade him for JJ or Bogans so its probly not going to happen

based on what?

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

i think hed be a good backup, hes definitly better than AJ and hes got the ability to be a real playmaker ... that said they wont trade him for JJ or Bogans so its probly not going to happen

based on what?

Playmaker ability. The kid can flat out pass the rock.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warlock was already on record saying that he's considering going oversea next year. He's looking to get paid, and as for Fran he's putting up solid numbers in a limted amount of minutes oversea.

The Polish Stud has also said that he likes it here and he loves his new house. He has even talked about becoming an American Citizen. I do see the Magic giving him more money and that was one of his biggest beefs and of course more minutes.

The only thing on his list that he hasn't got yet from the Magic is more money he is now getting the kind of minutes he was talking about.

So Fran who hasn't proven anything including in Spain can stay in Spain Gortat has already proven himself over and over again that he can play in the NBA.

AJ isn't great, but at least he knows how to play some defense, from that report it sounds as though Sergio can't play any.

If the Magic still want him all they need to trade for him is Wilks contract it's a win win for Portland because they won't have to pay Wilks and his contract won't be listed on their payroll.

Unless the Magic can find another pg for that kind of money that who can either backup Nelson or be the third pg.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Polish Stud has also said that he likes it here and he loves his new house. He has even talked about becoming an American Citizen. I do see the Magic giving him more money and that was one of his biggest beefs and of course more minutes.

The only thing on his list that he hasn't got yet from the Magic is more money he is now getting the kind of minutes he was talking about.

So Fran who hasn't proven anything including in Spain can stay in Spain Gortat has already proven himself over and over again that he can play in the NBA.

AJ isn't great, but at least he knows how to play some defense, from that report it sounds as though Sergio can't play any.

If the Magic still want him all they need to trade for him is Wilks contract it's a win win for Portland because they won't have to pay Wilks and his contract won't be listed on their payroll.

Unless the Magic can find another pg for that kind of money that who can either backup Nelson or be the third pg.

With Hedo being the club top priority this summer, Gortat will somehow get push to the back a la Darko. Gortat will be getting alot of offer from top clubs overseas, and there offers will probably be triple the amount of what we can offer him.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

based on what?

Playmaker ability. The kid can flat out pass the rock.

AJ can pass too...AJ is just old now...Rodriguez and AJ have pretty comparable stats...who's to say that Sergio doesn't come here and end up in the same scenario he is in there in Portland? he's not going to be a starter here...Sergio brings some nice things to the table...AJ is the smarter player of the two, AJ plays very controlled, he plays pretty well defensively, more so than he might be credited for, where Sergio doesn't play any defense...I would still take him as a backup to Nelson or as a 3rd sringer...my point was that the sample size is far too small to say xyz at this time...

ultimately any quick PG that can take it to the rack and play uptempo will work for me...as my main knock on AJ is his old legs tend to throw us out of sync when we pay against much quicker guards...

on the flip side, good luck engaging in any deals with Portland, you will probably get screwed...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

With Hedo being the club top priority this summer, Gortat will somehow get push to the back a la Darko. Gortat will be getting alot of offer from top clubs overseas, and there offers will probably be triple the amount of what we can offer him.

At least he tried to be a team player and give us something...

not like Fran and said the hell with you guys.