Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Anybody still wanna trade Turk for a traditional PF?(Update pg.7)

Hedo will get the maximum annual raise. 8% is what scrubs get.

IMO, he and his agent should be happy with a 4 year deal starting at 8 million. That would put him at an average of appx 9.5 million over 4 years.

FYI, Hedo will be 30 in 3 months.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Hedo will get the maximum annual raise. 8% is what scrubs get.

IMO, he and his agent should be happy with a 4 year deal starting at 8 million. That would put him at an average of appx 9.5 million over 4 years.

FYI, Hedo will be 30 in 3 months.

yeah i couldn't remember what the max raise was so i just went 8%.

is the max 10.5%?

Question:

Does anybody here think Hedo will ever perform better than he did last season?

IMO, his best basketball is behind him. So to extend him for 10 million per season would only reward him for his overachievement in the past, not for his production in the present or future.

quote:

Question:

IMO, his best basketball is behind him. So to extend him for 10 million per season would only reward him for his overachievement in the past, not for his production in the present or future.

i think he can play up to this seasons level for a few more years. Somewhere between 16-18 ppg

quote:

Question:

I think the more important question is can Otis replace Hedo without a drop off by the team.

Me, I would be positioning this team to make a run at Kobe & Boozer with Hedo & Marion as backup plans. But, what I would do, and what Otis & Vander Wiede will do are two seperate things.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

Question:

I think the more important question is can Otis replace Hedo without a drop off by the team.

Me, I would be positioning this team to make a run at Kobe & Boozer with Hedo & Marion as backup plans. But, what I would do, and what Otis & Vander Wiede will do are two seperate things.

Oh wow. Hearing Marion's name makes Hedo seem little more than expendable. How much would it cost to get him and how old is he?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

Hedo wouldn't deserve 11m a season if he was putting up the same numbers on the same percentages as last year. He isn't worth 8m a year for 5 years, much less 11. I can't believe that number would even be discussed.

Turk isn't worth 11m per season, but let be for real, he's in the 8 to 9m per year range.

Ty covered it already, but I'd give him 8-9 for 3 years. Anyone who thinks Hedo will be worth 9m when he's 34 isn't someone I feel like talking to, because we're clearly speaking different languages.

I don't think Hedo would be worth 9m when he's 34, but it doesn't work like that. Look at some of the past free agent who are around Hedo age, and look at how many years they got.

quote:

Hedo wouldn't deserve 11m a season if he was putting up the same numbers on the same percentages as last year. He isn't worth 8m a year for 5 years, much less 11. I can't believe that number would even be discussed.

Don't you think a GM invites this when he signs a comparable talent for 17-24M over 6 years? Beating dead horse, but there was absolutely no need to escelate Shards deal!

I don't believe Hedo is worth 11M, but I would pay it to him rather than take a step back. Then again, "I" would be exploring options that took us a step forward as well.

quote:

quote:

Don't you think a GM invites this when he signs a comparable talent for 17-24M over 6 years? Beating dead horse, but there was absolutely no need to escelate Shards deal!

I don't believe Hedo is worth 11M, but I would pay it to him rather than take a step back. Then again, "I" would be exploring options that took us a step forward as well.

Comparable talent? Rashard is more than holding his own at the 4 and I am pretty sure that people pay top dollar for 20 point a game power forwards...

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

quote:

Comparable talent? Rashard is more than holding his own at the 4 and I am pretty sure that people pay top dollar for 20 point a game power forwards...

You're right, Shard is clearly twice the player Hedo is.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

quote:

You're right, Shard is clearly twice the player Hedo is.

Yeah. I am right. Rashard is a much better player than Hedo. Now I am not saying that his contract isn't overpaying him, but I also don't fault an organization for doing everything in their power to get talent around the second best young player in the NBA. Actually, I applaud it.

Oh and you said you'd try to pursue Marion, how much do you think he would cost and is that is a realistic possibility?

I would realistically go 3yrs 30 mil for Hedo, but I wouldnt go 4 or 5 yrs.

And to answer SDs question, I dont think it will get any better than last year for Turk.