Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll: Do We Need A New Back-Up PG?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

IMO, take AJ and Cook out of tonight's game and put in a Watson-type back-up pg and play Battie in Cook's minutes, we win this game by 10.

Cook was downright awful all by himself...

AJ is servicable, but he's not an asset. Watching him set up the offense from near half court against Fisher's pressure reminded me of Arroyo in the Toronto series last year. AJ doesn't hurt us when he's on the floor, but he doesn't help much either. It would be nice to have a backup PG capable of picking up the tempto for 12 mins per. Darren Collison would be great in that role, but then we have the issue of matching up against big PG's. Maybe that's no longer a big issue with Billups in the West?

quote:

IMO, take AJ and Cook out of tonight's game and put in a Watson-type back-up pg and play Battie in Cook's minutes, we win this game by 10.

if we hit more then 70 percent of our free thorws we wouldve won by 10.

quote:
Originally posted by ORLHowardfan:

I think we do need one. there were some plays for example that Johnson would dribble the ball until 8 seconds left on the shot clock and give it to pietrus with 4 seconds left and he had no choice but to shoot the ball, which was all air.

Absolutely. I made a post about this exact play on the game thread. He literally dribbled around doing nothing until 8 seconds, then threw it to a covered Pietrus. I believe it was right after the possession where he dribbled down and took a gaurded long jump shot without even thinking about getting anyone else involved.

This guy doesnt have what it takes. I really hope they take his mins away and give them to Lee. Somehow Lee has to get on the court, let Hedo run the team while Lee is out there but Lee only getting 7 mins tonight is a huge mistake.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

Cook was downright awful all by himself...

AJ is servicable, but he's not an asset. Watching him set up the offense from near half court against Fisher's pressure reminded me of Arroyo in the Toronto series last year. AJ doesn't hurt us when he's on the floor, but he doesn't help much either. It would be nice to have a backup PG capable of picking up the tempto for 12 mins per. Darren Collison would be great in that role, but then we have the issue of matching up against big PG's. Maybe that's no longer a big issue with Billups in the West?

AJ took almost half of the shot clock to setup the plays leaving little time for the team to get it's act together. What's worse he was at the mid court line at this point of time. It's like he thinks there is 10 more seconds on the shot clock then there really is.