Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[ESPN] Chad Ford Chat @ 1PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chad Ford: (2:01 PM ET ) Top 10 pick for sure. Kosta Koufos. Donte Greene, Darrell Arthur, Marreese Speights, Robin Lopez, DeAndre Jordan. They all should've returned for another year. All would've been lottery picks.

Still makes me sick we didn't go after one of these guys after we picked Lee.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Chad Ford: (2:01 PM ET ) Top 10 pick for sure. Kosta Koufos. Donte Greene, Darrell Arthur, Marreese Speights, Robin Lopez, DeAndre Jordan. They all should've returned for another year. All would've been lottery picks.

DeAndre Jordan looks awful in limited minutes and summer league play. The rest of those guys were picked before Lee except for Greene and Arthur I believe. It would have been nice to have Arthur off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

DeAndre Jordan looks awful in limited minutes and summer league play. The rest of those guys were picked before Lee except for Greene and Arthur I believe. It would have been nice to have Arthur off the bench.
Koufos was also picked after Lee, right after Lee actually...he has looked excellent in his limited run, very talented offensive player as well as shot blocker...I personally think his decision could have gone either way to be honest...and yea, Jordan looks like hot garbage, he has the highest foul per 48 minutes stat in the league I believe at like 52 or something like that...

quote:

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:24 PM ET ) False. Being on the Celtics helps for sure. But he's so talented that I think he'd shine anywhere. Coaches love guards who can play defense and limit mistakes. Rondo does both. I never could understand why he slipped like he did on draft night. He was in our Top 5 to Top 7 all year on our Draft Big Board. Shows you that even the best GMs can really sleep on talent. To me, Rondo is an All-Star.

I don't wanna get into the who should be an all-star, Jameer or Rando that Smack was talking about on another thread...and I have been really impressed with Nelson so far this year...I have noticed he has been even more pesky on defense.

I still stand by my statement...we could be closer to a championship with Rando running the show.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:24 PM ET ) False. Being on the Celtics helps for sure. But he's so talented that I think he'd shine anywhere. Coaches love guards who can play defense and limit mistakes. Rondo does both. I never could understand why he slipped like he did on draft night. He was in our Top 5 to Top 7 all year on our Draft Big Board. Shows you that even the best GMs can really sleep on talent. To me, Rondo is an All-Star.

I don't wanna get into the who should be an all-star, Jameer or Rando that Smack was talking about on another thread...and I have been really impressed with Nelson so far this year...I have noticed he has been even more pesky on defense.

I still stand by my statement...we could be closer to a championship with Rando running the show.

Rondo would be a significant step back to the structure and style of this team. How can you think this team's style would benefit from a PG who can't hit open 3's (or a regular mid-range jumper) with consistency?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

Rondo would be a significant step back to the structure and style of this team. How can you think this team's style would benefit from a PG who can't hit open 3's (or a regular mid-range jumper) with consistency?

You work on it in practice...in the games I have watched the C's(and it's not a lot) Rando seems to be pretty adept at hitting the mid-range jumpers...he just needs to add a couple more feet to the mid-range stuff.

I think we'd be fine...his disruptiveness from a defensive standpoint would offset any offensive shortcomings in my opinion.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You work on it in practice...in the games I have watched the C's(and it's not a lot) Rando seems to be pretty adept at hitting the mid-range jumpers...he just needs to add a couple more feet to the mid-range stuff.

I think we'd be fine...his disruptiveness from a defensive standpoint would offset any offensive shortcomings in my opinion.

His disruptiveness is allowed because of the rest of the starters effort on defense... his aggressiveness and gambling on defense would be a liability to our team. Now, could he adapt to our style and his assignments defensively? Of course, but could he suddenly become as adept offensively as Jameer? No.

Jameer on the Celtics would hurt them a little defensively, but KILL on offense.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

His disruptiveness is allowed because of the rest of the starters effort on defense... his aggressiveness and gambling on defense would be a liability to our team. Now, could he adapt to our style and his assignments defensively? Of course, but could he suddenly become as adept offensively as Jameer? No.

Jameer on the Celtics would hurt them a little defensively, but KILL on offense.

Sounds like our Magic...hurt a little defensively but kill on offense...maybe both teams would just be switching their problems if a trade was to happen between the two...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sounds like our Magic...hurt a little defensively but kill on offense...maybe both teams would just be switching their problems if a trade was to happen between the two...

No. The Celtics interior defense could mask Jameer's defensive inadequacies far better than Orlando could mask Rondo's offensive problem. Rondo on the Magic, and the Magic average less than 85ppg.