Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Hoopsworld chat with Steve Kyler, today at 2pm.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Ricardo in Brazil:

Do you see any team interested in Marcus Williams? His case is very interesting: two years ago, he was the future Nets point guard. Right now, he don't fix anywhere...

Steve Kyler:

Marcus is a tough sell... two very respected coaches have called him lazy and won't play him... that generally does not help your situation... I think he's a player... I think he could help Orlando... but not sold anyone gives anything of value for him.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...=9~9~19~19&te=&cash=

quote:
Marcus Williams could be on the verge of being cut by the Warriors.

The team has to make an unbalanced trade (2-for-1, 3-for-2, etc.) or cut a player by Thursday morning in order to make room on the roster for Monta Ellis, who is set to come off the suspended list (for the record, Ellis coming off the suspended list is not to be confused with Ellis returning from injury). As for Williams, he has fallen completely out of favor in Golden State, but could potentially find some fantasy value if he's cut and catches on elsewhere. Stay tuned.

Source: 48minutes.net

If he's release tomorrow, Otis better sign him right on up.

definitely wouldnt hold my breath...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Ricardo in Brazil:

Do you see any team interested in Marcus Williams? His case is very interesting: two years ago, he was the future Nets point guard. Right now, he don't fix anywhere...

Steve Kyler:

Marcus is a tough sell... two very respected coaches have called him lazy and won't play him... that generally does not help your situation... I think he's a player... I think he could help Orlando... but not sold anyone gives anything of value for him.

quote:

The team has to make an unbalanced trade (2-for-1, 3-for-2, etc.) or cut a player by Thursday morning in order to make room on the roster for Monta Ellis, who is set to come off the suspended list (for the record, Ellis coming off the suspended list is not to be confused with Ellis returning from injury). As for Williams, he has fallen completely out of favor in Golden State, but could potentially find some fantasy value if he's cut and catches on elsewhere. Stay tuned.

Why not?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Ricardo in Brazil:

Steve Kyler:

quote:

Why not?

I think Otis is just standing pat, and after having our bench play solid throughout the entire road trip, I think he will continue to wait it out. Basically, this need has been there since opening day and now we're 25 into it and he still hasnt done anything. Not to mention I dont think Williams is a Magic guy, stealing laptops might be minute to other clubs, and it was in his past, but Orlando isnt a forget and forgive club, they worry about those things...and then Kyler touched on the lazyness thing, that may or may not be accurate, and I think we need front court depth more now than ever, let Lee play some point.

just saying

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Ricardo in Brazil:

Steve Kyler:

quote:

Why not?

I think Otis is just standing pat, and after having our bench play solid throughout the entire road trip, I think he will continue to wait it out. Basically, this need has been there since opening day and now we're 25 into it and he still hasnt done anything. Not to mention I dont think Williams is a Magic guy, stealing laptops might be minute to other clubs, and it was in his past, but Orlando isnt a forget and forgive club, they worry about those things...and then Kyler touched on the lazyness thing, that may or may not be accurate, and I think we need front court depth more now than ever, let Lee play some point.

just saying

Look at the PGs that been on the market. There really isn't no one that stand out, and Otis isn't just going to sign anybody to fill that spot. So I'm quiet sure if Williams is release tomorrow, Otis will at least consider it.

The laptop incident was a long time ago. The kid been in the league for 3 years now, and hasn't had a off the court incident yet. So I doubt that would hold any weight.

well Williams cant hit a jumper to save his life, but his post defense and rebounding have served him well in the past...he's just not in a very good spot in SAC they have two bigs they are trying to develop in Hawes and Thompson, plus they have Moore and Miller (for now)...I would say that Cook actually is more valuable because he can stroke the 3 and even get a rebound or two in his few minutes on the court...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Ricardo in Brazil:

Steve Kyler:

quote:

Why not?

just saying

Look at the PGs that been on the market. There really isn't no one that stand out, and Otis isn't just going to sign anybody to fill that spot. So I'm quiet sure if Williams is release tomorrow, Otis will at least consider it.

The laptop incident was a long time ago. The kid been in the league for 3 years now, and hasn't had a off the court incident yet. So I doubt that would hold any weight.

than you don't know the Magic, the DeVos family, and Otis Smith...

quote:

well Williams cant hit a jumper to save his life, but his post defense and rebounding have served him well in the past...he's just not in a very good spot in SAC they have two bigs they are trying to develop in Hawes and Thompson, plus they have Moore and Miller (for now)...I would say that Cook actually is more valuable because he can stroke the 3 and even get a rebound or two in his few minutes on the court...

What the...

quote:

Dog poo isn't a brutal downgrade from Blarrity and seeing that somebody could actually slip on dog poo & miss a layup, I might slot dog poo just above Cook.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

Dog poo isn't a brutal downgrade from Blarrity and seeing that somebody could actually slip on dog poo & miss a layup, I might slot dog poo just above Cook.

I see, both profound and poignant...

I think this board suffers from a terrible case of somewhat blind negativity. I remember being crucified for saying that Battie isn't that much worse than McDyess but you know what, that is true. Battie isn't much worse that Collison either and Sheldon Williams, for the sake of the Magic, is a downgrade to Brian Cook. At least Cook has some value in his shooting ability, Sheldon Williams, in my humble opinion, doesn't bring anything that can't be found in the mid-20s of the draft. We need to draft some young meat, let them bang with Dwight for a few weeks in practice and let Turk walk and get a traditional line-up on the floor. Put the ball in the 118 million dollar man's hands and let him drop 23 a game. Put some ball carrying duties on Jameer and let him develop all the while getting help down low for the future of this franchise. I'm far from a draft expert, but I do know something about quite a few players in the NBA and there are a lot of playersvery similar to Battie and if you want to upgrade, a contract similar to his isn't usually going to do it for a big man.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Smack, you are hilarious with these chats. You are like the cat that stole the cream!

I usually submit a dozen questions or so when I'm working on my computer at night, 24-48 hours prior to the chat. Then I attend the chat session to submit follow up questions.

Frankly, I'm really surprised that some of these so called experts are so down on Collison. Any player that nearly averages a double-double in limited minutes and only makes 6mil per season would be on my radar if I were the GM of a team that desperately needed help in the paint.

Kyler listed Reggie Evans as one of the top players that would help the Magic. I like Evans and his energy level. The guy is a beast. But Collison is still a better career rebounder and has elements to his game that Evans will never possess (offense/jump shot/free throws).