Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

Game Thread: Spurs @ Magic 12/18

Best game thread ever.

I was thinking to sign up to make one, but I'll wait and see if this level keeps up or not.

It's a very difficult game, I think Shard's play will determine the outcome. If he starts hitting the 3 ball, and makes Duncan get out of the lane, then D12 (hope he plays) will destroy anyone in front of him.

If Duncan defends D12, then Shard should score at will against his defender.

They're not afraid of taking cheapshots too, intentional or otherwise. That's actually a compliment, I'm kinda tired of our choir boy team. Same reason why I liked the fire that Cookie displayed in the Clippers game.

Boy, the Spurs are giving up a decent 4th quarter lead to the Hornets, they're on a 13-0 run and are down six now with about a minute to go.

I'm not sure how they're respond against us tomorrow, but this would be a tough loss.

EDIT: The Hornets went on the run, and the Spurs were down six. Bah, you knew what I meant.

As a Magic fan, you gotta dislike the fact that SA missed seemingly every wide open shot against New Orleans, so you know they'll fall tomorrow.

*sigh*

..we still win

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

As a Magic fan, you gotta dislike the fact that SA missed seemingly every wide open shot against New Orleans, so you know they'll fall tomorrow.

*sigh*

..we still win

Bonner's throwing up bricks worse than Hedo... I hope the trend continues tomorrow.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

*sigh*

..we still win

agree with the bolder portion...they will probably be fighting mad for a W...as for us winning, I'm praying...if Dwight is back, and we can keep our composure, and Nelson can continue to play we stand a real good chance...

I agree that Nelson is often the key and probably will be again tonight. When he plays well, we typically win. That's why his excellent play of late has me pretty excited about our chances this season..

I think Dwight sitting out is a good thing. I'd love to see him play tonight, but if he needs a good week or so off - I say give it to him. The schedule be ****ed. Keep that man healthy.

My prediction is that Dwight won't play but the Magic still win with nice contributions from Lee, Gortat and the usual production (of late) from Nelson and Lewis. Hedo will struggle tonight.

ORL 100

SA 91

Is Dwight Howard going to play tonight? If not i have to lie the SPurs in this one check out this guy at Sports God he is awesome.

If Nelson can keep Parker in front of him we have a chance

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

Flash is nice but it is more important to get your dates correct if you are going to do a game thread. The game is Thursday the 18th.

Sorry Andie, I put the correct date in the animation and the wrong date in the subject, now is corrected.

BTW, this isn't flash, only a animated gif made with Photoshop.

You are a better man than me Luke. I don't think you have anything to be sorry for. Fantastic game thread.

I'm not so sure about this game. I have an odd confidence that the Magic can beat the Spurs which hasn't happened since Shaq's days here. I expect this game to be a real nailbiter.

I agree with Sky. The big matchup is going to be at the point guard position. I think which ever team wins that battle wins the game.