Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

NBA CHAT WITH BILL INGRAM - MONDAY AT 2:00 EASTERN

quote:
Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

A one point loss with 3 seconds remaining against Phx is the only loss for Orlando on a 5 game road trip (sans Dwight). Are they still not worthy of being mention with Bos, Cle, and LA?

Bill Ingram:

I mention them in that company every single time. They're also with Bogans and Peaches, by the way. They're a PF away from being a championship team - and might challenge for a title even without one.

quote:
jack in nashville, tn:

iverson for bogans, iverson creates so many mismatches that it would let hedo, lewis, and lee get open looks at the basket; and create easy rebounds and open lobs for howard

Bill Ingram:

Why do you want to destroy the Magic like that? I just came from a Nuggets practice and everyone there is so happy to have Billups in town instead of Iverson . . .

quote:
Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

Hedo Turkoglu is chucking up shots and turning the ball over like he's playing basketball in the late 80's. What gives?

Bill Ingram:

He's having to handle the ball more with two guards injured, and that's never been his strong suit. His shooting hasn't been miserable, but creating shots instead of catching and shooting takes a toll on his shooting percentage.

quote:
willie in coralsprings florida:

i am a huge magic fan just wanted to ask you if you have ever had a conversation with the gm of orlando what is the deal with otis smith he sucks as a GM he is way too passive and doesnt make any moves does he even talk to the other teams gms

Bill Ingram:

I've spoken to Otis a few times and he's a nice enough guy. Steve Kyler talks to him more often, obviously, as he's in Orlando. It's incredibly difficult to pull off a trade in the NBA - it's not as easy as it would seem. Otis is reluctant to make a bad deal, and I'd say the team he built is pretty good most nights.

quote:
Johnny in Lakeland, Fla.:

Hey Bill, J.J. Redick's fans drive me nuts! When is Otis gonna move him? Even if he isn't traded and Bogans is he won't beat out Pietrus or Courtney Lee for minutes. Is his value worth nothing or does Otis seriously think he'll contribute?

Bill Ingram:

Otis let him show he's healthy and can play, but he hasn't played well enough - even with Bogans and Pietrus out - to earn minutes. Someone will take a pure shooter, it's just a matter of finding the right deal.

missed these...

quote:
Dwight Howard in Orlando, FL:

Can I get some help in the paint please? I'm getting abused out there nightly with nobody to get my back.

Bill Ingram:

Your team did alright without you the other night, but there's no question you need a Charles Oakley type of player back there helping defend you from opposing teams.

quote:
willie in coralsprings florida:

i am a huge magic fan just wanted to ask you if you have ever had a conversation with the gm of orlando what is the deal with otis smith he sucks as a GM he is way too passive and doesnt make any moves does he even talk to the other teams gms

Bill Ingram:

I've spoken to Otis a few times and he's a nice enough guy. Steve Kyler talks to him more often, obviously, as he's in Orlando. It's incredibly difficult to pull off a trade in the NBA - it's not as easy as it would seem. Otis is reluctant to make a bad deal, and I'd say the team he built is pretty good most nights.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

A one point loss with 3 seconds remaining against Phx is the only loss for Orlando on a 5 game road trip (sans Dwight). Are they still not worthy of being mention with Bos, Cle, and LA?

Bill Ingram:

I mention them in that company every single time. They're also with Bogans and Peaches, by the way. They're a PF away from being a championship team - and might challenge for a title even without one.

OMG!

How this has going out of this forum???