Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

With out Dwight

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

By the way, the whole defense failed on that last play. Gortat didn't obscure Amare's view at all, Hedo was a step behind and didn't fight past Nash's pick at all, Jameer was lost in no man's land, and there was zero weak side help from the other two guys. And there was no defensive communication.

I blame all five guys on the court and SVG for being grossly under prepared for that Terry Porter play.

At the risk of being argumentative, I just don't see it that way.

Grant didn't have a step on Hedo until he was picked. He was in his face.

Gortat, would be nice if he could make himself bigger there, but he was matched up against a far superior athlete, & in crouching tiger mode.

Lewis, well out of the play, nuthing he could do.

The other question you have to ask is why Lee didn't foul Hill. He was right there, there enough to force Grant to the reverse, but he played it like he was trying to avoid a foul with a player at the rim. Send him to the line and at least there's a chance he misses 1. Jetting right by him & surrendering an easy layup...lesson.

Jameer, clearly reacted slow to the pick, looks like he didn't warn Hedo, and then stood in no mans land.

It was a well concieved play, not taking anything away from Pheonix. When you can draw the opponents 4 & 5 out on the 3 pt. line and force the 2 guards to defend the paint...that's ideal.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Wow, some of you seriously need to start actually watching Magic games. Either that or I have some reason to believe some of these responses are coming from the mentally handicapped.

When Dwight went out, we got solid play from Gortat, and Jameer really stepped it up in the 4th. We were down maybe 9 when Dwight went out, and were in position to win the game at the end. This team wants to show Dwight that we can win without him, and that's why they almost pulled it off last night. It means a lot to a superstar like Dwight when he can go down in a game like that and the team still stays confident. It's what top-calibur teams do, and it's proved a lot to me yesterday as to what the Magic may be capable of this year.

So where are we without Dwight? Not in a bad position, I will say that. If the Magic can win tonight Dwight will be very pleased, and it may spark some competition in him knowing the Magic are for real.

Best one yet ...

we have a great team and soon the world will know that.

Yes, Kazakhstan will soon know how great we truely are. They will know. I promise you, they will know.

Yeah I was there two months ago.They even know you!

Folks,

It is fun to read the analysis of that play to the detail that even the magic coaches probably do not scrutinize this much. When it comes to the wire, it is all about clock management really (* Which reminds me that I e-mailed NBA league office complaining about clock-keepers letting seconds fly by between "made basket - inbound ball" especially early in the quarters.)

I think the biggest problem of our team is having a solid second (and third) body to collect defensive (and offensive) rebounds. Besides Dwight, our rebounding is very sucky. So when he leaves, the other teams suddenly start getting second, third, fourth tries at the basket in one possession. That's what killed us last night I believe.

On that note, I think the only person I see as a solid rebounder beside Dwight is Gortat surprisingly. I think he should come off the bench as the PF and play together with Dwight. That will produce good results in my belief.

MA

I stand corrected.

Very, very corrected.

I don't give the Magic all the credit for this one. Alot of it rides on the Jazz sloppy play, but I'll take a W any day of the week any way we can.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

We are a better team without Dwight. There I said it.

We are a team that knows to play with heart..does not matter who is in or out..

Not taking anything away from our team, but we simply shot well (at least in the 3rd). Had we missed just two or three of those three balls we launched, we might not have been able to close in on the lead and eventually get it.

That aside, it's just horrible for an NBA team to get 12 points in a quarter. I think even the Thunder team could do better than that.