Sign in to follow this  
UnderPressure

AMIR JOHNSON

Any of you Magic fans ever hear of this guy before? I'm just checking on the hype meter from other fan bases.

Have you heard of him, if you have what have you heard? Also if you have heard at least a little about him would you sign him next year for a 8 mil 2 year contract.

Any of you Magic fans ever hear of this guy before? I'm just checking on the hype meter from other fan bases.

Have you heard of him, if you have what have you heard? Also if you have heard at least a little about him would you sign him next year for a 8 mil 2 year contract.

i've followed his NBA career...

he's born in 87 and was a late second rounder in the 2005 draft, the last two seasons he spent in the NBDL and had a few appearances in the NBA. i also do remember his first points in the NBA, a windmill dunk i think after darko's assist.

he was 6'9 when he came into the league, right now he's 6'10 (i think), some say he could become a 7-footer, but he's still pretty slim. he's an athletic SF/PF who can block shoots, rebound and score, but he's still pretty inconstant (that's normal for his age). some say he'd be a top 15 in this years draft if he went to college, not sure about that. i definitly would give him a 4mill/yr contract, i'd love to see him in orlando next season, especially if ariza develops his jumper

quote:
Originally posted by UnderPressure:

From what I have seen on the guy, he has a ton of raw, untapped potential. I think the contract you stated is very reasonable. You guys have some aging big men and a "possible" 7 footer is not something you let go of, especially with his athletic ability.

quote:

Not asking Pistons fans opinions. Sorry.

Need the scoop from a different fan base.

LOL.

Amir Johnson was in the highschool dunk contest, right?

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:

Not asking Pistons fans opinions. Sorry.

Need the scoop from a different fan base.

LOL.

Amir Johnson was in the highschool dunk contest, right?

yap