Sign in to follow this  
G.R.T.S.

Howard leading all in All-Star voting so far.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

It's very amusing that Luke Ridnour has more votes than Jameer Nelson. Fans are so smart.

but it's much more amusing that ridnour and nelson have more votes than rose, johnson and harris. and arenas is #10, did he even play a single game this season?

but dwight having more votes than yao ming is amazing though

I mean isn't China's population 2.3 billion by now? You would expect him to be dominating.

I think the Olympics probably boosted him some.

Dwight has more votes than all of the other Eastern conf centers put together.

I hope this shows players they don't have to play in NY, LA or Chicago to take advantage of marketing opportunities.

I always find something to get upset about with these things, or at least irritated.

Al Jefferson & Andrew Bynum > Shaq. And what the heck is Oden getting 71k votes for?

For the Western guards, T-Mac, Ginobli, and Tony Parker shouldn't be so high because of injuries. Hopefully Chris Paul and Kobe stay where they are so they start, and then coaches would be fools not to choose Billups as the third guard. After that I think Kidd or Terry should be the fourth guard, but I don't think there's any big outrage as long as Paul, Kobe, and Billups make it.

The top 5 western forwards are pretty much interchangable, although I think Gasol should be higher. I'd be surprised if he didn't make the team.

In the East, it's all about Dwight for center and rightfully so. I'm surprised Dalembert's second in voting, he hasn't been very good at all for the past few weeks.

In the guards, Wade's clearly number one. But I'm not sure Iverson should be starting over Devin Harris, Joe Johnson, or even Derrick Rose. I guess Wade and A.I. will start, and it should be a race for 2 spots amongst the guys I mentioned.

Neither Ray Allen or Vince Carter should be selected by the coaches at all. Come on, do the right thing.

Then the forwards. Yi over Bosh is ridiculous. LeBron and KG should obviously start. Then Bosh is 3rd best. Production's pretty even between Pierce, Hedo, and Granger, but Pierce is probably the 4th forward so the Celtics can have 2 players. If there's a 5th forward for the end of the bench, I bet Hedo gets the nod over Granger. Shawn Marion's been down this season, Josh Smith's been hurt, and Tayshaun Prince started hot but cooled off in a big way after Billups left. None of those three guys should sniff the All Star team.

The Lakers, Celtics, and Magic should get 2 players in my opinion. Too much guard competition for Mo Williams to get in for the Cavs, although perhaps it comes down to Big Z v. Rasheed Wallace to be Dwight's backup, which would give either the Cavs or Pistons a second player in.

One last thing, if the coaches go "small" like they did last year and put Bosh on the team as Dwight's backup center, that's a good thing for Hedo and gives him one less forward to compete against to get on the team, possibly.

who laughed at me when i said yi had a shot to be a starter because of the chinese vote? He's third in the east! He definetly has a shot.

poor brandon roy...that's just shameful

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

It's very amusing that Luke Ridnour has more votes than Jameer Nelson. Fans are so smart.

Not only that, he's also ahead of Derrick Rose, Devin Harris, and Joe Johnson.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw that Marion was ahead of Danny Granger. He should be second in SF in the east behind LBJ.

Poor, poor Brandon Roy. He has less than half the votes of Jason Kidd...