Sign in to follow this  
G.R.T.S.

Howard leading all in All-Star voting so far.

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/12/11/firstallstarreturns/index.html#

Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic and LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers lead the Eastern Conference, while Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets top the Western Conference after the first returns of 2009 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by T-Mobile. Howard, the reigning Sprite Slam Dunk champion, is the overall leader with 775,933 votes.

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/12/11/firstallstarreturns/index.html#

Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic and LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers lead the Eastern Conference, while Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets top the Western Conference after the first returns of 2009 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by T-Mobile. Howard, the reigning Sprite Slam Dunk champion, is the overall leader with 775,933 votes.

Alright. We have 2774 registered users on the forum. If we all vote everyday, we could potentially get our players into the All Star game. Since only a few of us participate in voicing their opinions while others read the forums, I say we have half of these registered members participating.

Starting now, I will continue to vote for the best players who deserve the all star game more. Jameer seems like he may be one of them..but if another point guard is shining more then Jameer, so be it.

quote:
Originally posted by G.R.T.S.:

Move over, LeBron. Step aside, Kobe. Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard can now lay claim to being the most popular player in the NBA.

I don't know about all that - as the Eastern center category probably has he weakest candidates of them all. However, 780k votes and the most overall is still a testament to how big a star this kid is becoming.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

It's very amusing that Luke Ridnour has more votes than Jameer Nelson. Fans are so smart.

but it's much more amusing that ridnour and nelson have more votes than rose, johnson and harris. and arenas is #10, did he even play a single game this season?

but dwight having more votes than yao ming is amazing though

Man..its hard to pick on the western conference who deservees to be in the All Star game.

Most of them play on mediocre teams...which means they are playing good individually but not helping their teams win games.

Wade seems well deserving and so does Garnett. I **ear if Greg Oden gets into the All-Star game for doing absolutely nothing, I will choke someone.

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

It's very amusing that Luke Ridnour has more votes than Jameer Nelson. Fans are so smart.

but it's much more amusing that ridnour and nelson have more votes than rose, johnson and harris. and arenas is #10, did he even play a single game this season?

but dwight having more votes than yao ming is amazing though

I mean isn't China's population 2.3 billion by now? You would expect him to be dominating.

Dwight's like 55,000 votes clear of Kobe as well for the most voted player.

I don't even think Shaq had that many votes, this must be the first time ever a Magic player has led all allstar voting?