Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Game Thread: Magic @ Suns 12/12

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I don't think there's a worse feeling in the world than Grant hitting a game winner against you.

Turk got beat like he stole something on that play.

That was ALL Jameer. He tried to hedge the switch & lost Grant.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

When 2 players shoot almost 40% of your FGAs, and combine to shoot an ever so impressive 30% from the field, you're going to lose pretty much every game you play. It's a testament to how bad Phoenix's defense is that the game was even close.

The biggest differences between us & the contenders right now are that they value each possession far more than we do & play far closer to 48 a night. We are incapable of sustaining quality shot selection for more than a quarter, maybe even 8 minutes, and we sleep walk through a quarter & a half every night.

Pheonix had a red carpet laid out to the paint all night long and we settled for jump shots.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I still am not happy Hedo took the shot so early....14 seconds left, 12 on the shot clock....why shoot with 9 seconds left? I know he made it, but he took it too early IMO.

You have to play the odds & give yourself multiple opportunities to win the game in that situation. The timing of Gortats foul was far worse. Either don't commit it or let more time run off. With that said, it was a pretty weak call imo.

I know Jameer was a big part of that comeback...he has been playing well this year and his PER's are proof...but man, the Suns were really attacking him when they had the ball...if it wasn't Nash penetrating on him...then Stan had him gaurding others that were taking him in the post and I might add doing it quite successfully.

Honestly, Jameer wasn't the only one...our entire team didn't play well from a defensive standpoint...I am "SURE" Stan will address that and hopefully we'll dig in a little more from a defensive standpoint tonight...I think Stan made note of that in his post-game comments...something to the effect that we were trying to win the game by out-scoring people.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I know Jameer was a big part of that comeback...he has been playing well this year and his PER's are proof...but man, the Suns were really attacking him when they had the ball...if it wasn't Nash penetrating on him...then Stan had him gaurding others that were taking him in the post and I might add doing it quite successfully.

Honestly, Jameer wasn't the only one...our entire team didn't play well from a defensive standpoint...I am "SURE" Stan will address that and hopefully we'll dig in a little more from a defensive standpoint tonight...I think Stan made note of that in his post-game comments...something to the effect that we were trying to win the game by out-scoring people.

I would like to see us take a page out of the Pheonix/D'Antoni play book. The misconception is that they play a loose, undisciplined game. That would be Nellie ball. They are absolute masters at initiating their offensive sets in transition & lure teams into playing Nellie ball against them when they are at their best.

We are a half court team and that's fine, but there's no rule that says you must walk the ball up the court to play half court basketball, just as there's no rule that you have to take low percentage shots to play up tempto.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I would like to see us take a page out of the Pheonix/D'Antoni play book. The misconception is that they play a loose, undisciplined game. That would be Nellie ball. They are absolute masters at initiating their offensive sets in transition & lure teams into playing Nellie ball against them when they are at their best.

We are a half court team and that's fine, but there's no rule that says you must walk the ball up the court to play half court basketball, just as there's no rule that you have to take low percentage shots to play up tempto.

Right. The difference between the D'Antoni Suns and the Nellie Warriors, and maybe the D'Antoni Knicks somewhat as well, is efficiency.

Amazing how those Dukies come out of no where and take the wind right out of their opponent's sails. This one has to dig right into the craw of some people. LOL!

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

He provided a big time spark off the bench, and did anyone else notice Lee playing deep into the 4th??)

Yes, and I was really asking myself why K-Bo didn't check back in the game.

I mean, C-Lee was playing well, but Stan often prefer to finish the game with Keith, and he was quite hot last night (if we forget his errors on fastbreaks)

And in the last play, I would have used Bogans (or JJ) instead of Marcin, in 2,7 second that's probably no time for a offensive rebound, so Gortat was in only for screens purpose.

The Warlock has a really strange destiny. He didn't log any minute or he suddenly have to play a lot of meaningful minutes... I can't believe that we actually made a run with him and Cook together on the floor.

Our bench is answering well when needed, and I would love to see Stan to give them more opportunities even if there aren't injuries.

We definitely have some big bodies to protect Dwight more, we only need to use them more.

Anyway, this one was a good loss, our guys gives it all and hopefully there wouldn't be any bad effect on our morale.

This night is going to be a even more tough game, so we have to be ready for that.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Amazing how those Dukies come out of no where and take the wind right out of their opponent's sails. This one has to dig right into the craw of some people. LOL!

Remind me how this isn't trolling.

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

hey sky, u know what match up im afraid in lakers game?

Kobe versus anyone?

That's the obvious one, but Gasol v. Rashard has me a bit worried. Pau's been tearing it up, to the point where I'm voting him in as an All Star starter for the West.