jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD***MAGIC vs MAVERICKS...We Lose...103-98

quote:
Originally posted by MrHopper:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:

Wow, love how even sporstcenter just said how "you foul with 4 second difference right away to make a on going fouling game". Welp maybe theyll watch sportscenter on their way home tonight. The substitutions werent NEARLY as bad as they usually are though. Everyone played well tonight except for douling. And for the moral victories...oh come on...go coach junior magic and buy your team a trophy when they dont win a game all season

It would have looked Golden had Dirk missed the shot, we would have had 8 seconds an controlled our own destiny instead of hoping the best freethrow shooting team in the league went cold...

My Man, i look at it like this..i will take Dirk a GREAT Free throw shooter making 5 clutch free throws, then one mid range jumper. Anyone that has played college ball or above, in big time games, knows a free throw under pressure knowing you have to make 4-6 of them to win a game, then one mid range jumper, knows its difficult

The Mavs are used to hitting them under pressure, u dont foul the best freethrow shooting team in the league and hope they miss..

An do you trust the magic to actually keep pace with the mavs as they hit them freethrows?

I guess we agree to disagree...... But you cant change my opinion, I think it was smart but everyone can think it was dumb, an I wont sway.....

quote:
Originally posted by John the Jerk:

I too would much Rather make Dirk take a contested Jumper!!!

Yea i guess so. Greatly put, we Agree to dissagree. But i am the type with 4 seconds left to foul them up by 3 before they get the chance to hit the shot.

quote:

This is goes straight to Brian hill. How do you not foul with a 5 second difference between shot and game? That leaves you no time, even if he misses, you get to run a play in 4 seconds that HAS to be a 3. Awful...Monday night can we PLEASE start a "FIRE HILL" chant before the game, during the game, and after the game? PLEASE!

Welcome to the boards!

The next home game I go to, even if I'm the only one in the whole arena doing it, I'll be shouting FIRE BRIAN HILL! until I lose my voice

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

1:32 Jameer Nelson bad pass (Jason Terry steals) 96-98

1:30 96-100 Josh Howard makes layup (Jason Terry assists)

There it is, Jameer we are down by two an he turns it over.......

But the best part is.. with less than a minute left he keeps on dribbling down the clock (Dallas must be thinking wow he wants us to win!), then doesn't know what to do and throws it to Darko who gets fouled but but doesn't get the respect of the refs on such a posession.. -what a shock-. We lose.

In Jameers defense, Darko had a 6'4 guard on him, I would bet my life that if it is Dirk in that situation with Bogans on him, he would have gotten about 5 whistles going off at the same time.......

Our PGs tonight showed they could score but that is about it

Jameer is an absolute 0 at PG right now. He is best suited to come of the bench for instant offence. I am begining to beleive that he beleives that TOs are good and assist means bad.

Carlos is not doing much either distributing but at least he did not have 5 TOs and he did get rid of Harris for us who is a total pain in the but.

I say this was a good loss, you can flame me and whatever, but I will still say it was a good loss. Our guys actually played like they wanted it, even more than Dallas. They hustled, played pretty good defense (expect for Dirk and Terry), and did very good on offense.

Hopefully they can do that again against the Bucks.

Good loss, yes but in the end still a loss, we are 28-33 in 10th palce, right where we were last year....

There are 21 games left which means we have to go through 21 games 13-8 just to get to 41 wins....

But we will need to be at 43 to get a 7th or 6th seed, so we need to go 15-6...... This season is just turning into every other season of failure and dissapointment......