Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Portland Trail Blazers, 12/9 10:00pm

I like this one from portland forums:

AKBlazerFan wrote:Was i the only one who screamed "Foul him!" when Dwight got the ball? How could you not? Honestly. Its not like this is the 1st time Hedo has killed someone with a crazy 3 @ the end of the game.

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

here is some of portland fans say,

so so depressed

Three point shooting absolutely killed us.... Only 26% to their 52% Other than that, we played great.

Watching Orlando shooting those threes is really like looking in a mirror. I feel bad for LMA who played good early and finished great. Oh well, tough loss.

Was i the only one who screamed "Foul him!" when Dwight got the ball? How could you not? Honestly. Its not like this is the 1st time Hedo has killed someone with a crazy 3 @ the end of the game.

I can't believe this just happened!!!

There also really pissed about their last possesion.

im speechless...i was streamin this game all night on my phone at work and i'll admit i started givin up hope when aldridge and roy couldnt miss towards the end...but it seems like every time they would try to pull away, somebody would hit a 3 to keep us right there...Jameer was awesome tonight, Shard was consistent as usual, and Hedo finally found his stroke...

i was on my way home when my ticker switched to '106-108' and i was like "no ****in way! there is NO way we're gonna steal this game IN Portland right now!..." and then when it updated to '109-108 Final' i swear i almost swerved off the road...apparently it was a long bank shot by Hedo, but like that one old coach (i forget his name) always says, luck happens when hard work meets opportunity...it's no fluke guys, we're a top-tier team this year

quote:

so so depressed

Three point shooting absolutely killed us.... Only 26% to their 52% Other than that, we played great.

Watching Orlando shooting those threes is really like looking in a mirror. I feel bad for LMA who played good early and finished great. Oh well, tough loss.

Was i the only one who screamed "Foul him!" when Dwight got the ball? How could you not? Honestly. Its not like this is the 1st time Hedo has killed someone with a crazy 3 @ the end of the game.

with only 4.3 seconds remaining, up by two and fouling a player is a tough call to make, you do it they miss, you win, you do it they make them both, OT...a lot of coaches will ride it out, your Larry Brown's, Greg Popovich's and Pat Rileys will take the risk and foul the bad FT shooter...

quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

quote:
Originally posted by DustinMyselfOff:

quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

dang.............................i missed it. I let my emotions get the best of me, so I don't deserve to wear the black and blue colors tomorrow. Thank you players for this win. go magic. *sad and thrilled at the same time*

What did you do? Change the channel?

I left the broadband showing of the game on jtv in exchange for classic wwf also on jtv.

Well don't be too bummed out man. A win you weren't watching is way better than a loss you were.

The other interesting thing about the end of this one, when everyone here is screaming for us to go bigger, Portland killed us by going small. Aldredge was at the 5, and Dwight either got killed not being able to get out on his jumpers, or wasn't in the lane to help out on the Roy isos.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

so Hollinger power rankings for Wednesday, where are we? Blazers are currently 4 and were 10...I'm going to say 9 lol, Hollinger hates the Magicals...

interesting thing on hollinger is only magic team has minus score even they win a game from previus score hollinger is stupitt..

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

so so depressed

with only 4.3 seconds remaining, up by two and fouling a player is a tough call to make, you do it they miss, you win, you do it they make them both, OT...a lot of coaches will ride it out, your Larry Brown's, Greg Popovich's and Pat Rileys will take the risk and foul the bad FT shooter...

I think it is more the players than the coaches. I mean unless they were told in the time out, foul if you can, then the players are the ones who make the decesion.