Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

East Riddled With First-Time All-Stars? Could Turk be one of them?

quote:
The first All-Star voting results will be released on Thursday, and it is believed that the Eastern squad could riddled with first-time members.

Boston's Rajon Rondo, Indiana's Danny Granger, New Jersey's Devin Harris, Chicago's Derrick Rose, Orlando's Hedo Turkoglu, and Atlanta's Mike Bibby all could make a run for their first All-Star appearance.

Granger, who is averaging 23.3 points, believes the amount of success the Pacers have will determine his fate.

"If you're on a winning team, you are always going to get more recognition than when you are on a losing team," said Granger.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55871/20081208/e...rst_time_all_stars/#

I think Harris should be the starting PG for the east. Granger and Rose should be name reserves.

quote:
The first All-Star voting results will be released on Thursday, and it is believed that the Eastern squad could riddled with first-time members.

Boston's Rajon Rondo, Indiana's Danny Granger, New Jersey's Devin Harris, Chicago's Derrick Rose, Orlando's Hedo Turkoglu, and Atlanta's Mike Bibby all could make a run for their first All-Star appearance.

Granger, who is averaging 23.3 points, believes the amount of success the Pacers have will determine his fate.

"If you're on a winning team, you are always going to get more recognition than when you are on a losing team," said Granger.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55871/20081208/e...rst_time_all_stars/#

I think Harris should be the starting PG for the east. Granger and Rose should be name reserves.

Harris deserves the starting PG spot.

Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Howard to finish off the starters.

I doubt Hedo gets it, due to the fact that he isn't even the best at his position on his team.

hedo deserved to make it last year, but not this year.

Also, yi jianlian might make it because of the chinese vote. He had a good showing last year and wasn't even on the main ballot. People had to write him in.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

Also, yi jianlian might make it because of the chinese vote. He had a good showing last year and wasn't even on the main ballot. People had to write him in.

The fans vote for the starting 5, and the coaches pick the reserves. So Yi would have to get the fans vote, and I don't see that happening.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

The fans vote for the starting 5, and the coaches pick the reserves. So Yi would have to get the fans vote, and I don't see that happening.

i think you're underestimating the power of the chinese. It's not a certainty like yao will be every year for the rest of his career, but it's possible.

quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Magic fan:

Regardless of injuries, turk is not playing at an all-star level this year.

Agreed. 20 games in has not been impressive. He would have to explode starting tonight up to the break to get strong consideration. I think they mentioned him because of him being considered a snub from last year.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

i think you're underestimating the power of the chinese. It's not a certainty like yao will be every year for the rest of his career, but it's possible.

Garnett or Bosh will get the fans vote.