Sign in to follow this  
cheapguitar

Augie Went To Spainish League

the problem is just that if we where to draft someone and have no assurance he will come here that GM would lose his job if the guy decides to stay in Europe...Not to mention we would lose a lot of credibility and tarnish our image even further...Like what is so bad that nobody wants to come to Orlando?

Rubio looks great. Navarro would be great if he would ever change his mind, but for someone going back to Europe, playing at home, making more money and being a bigger celebrity...why not....

Everyone dreams of playing in the NBA....and those that have or did, might be ok with just going back and just making some money.

I hope the best for Augie....I still believe he could have been a decent bench player if he wanted, but he just looked lost here...

Why is it that young kids keep insisting in concentrating on scoring. Some of these big guys should just think defense and rebounds...think Rodman, and not Jordan.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

he looks just thrilled to be there

i'm putting auggie on a suicide watch

He should be thrilled to be there. Europe is beautiful. If anyone on this forum was given the chance to get paid 6 figures to play basketball and live in europe we would take it in a second.

The Magic are weary of intl players and have missed opportunities to get some good ones. Rubio will be -make that- already is a very good PG and something tells me the Magic won't even look at him in a draft. We've ignored guys like Fernandez who were more than ready

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

I'm really offended by this thread.... how many haters on this board knowing nothing of this league...

:=)

Anyway, I'll take Felipe Reyes to our team any day of the year, it's the perfect rebounding PF we don't have.

lol, no offense to the league but I do know what Augie is, and he is terrible.

Terrible?? Augie actually played pretty well in the very few minutes he got

wouldn't be surprised to see him do very well in that league and we drafted Fran with a high pick being softer and less athletic.

quote:
Originally posted by stan van luigi:

The Magic are weary of intl players and have missed opportunities to get some good ones. Rubio will be -make that- already is a very good PG and something tells me the Magic won't even look at him in a draft. We've ignored guys like Fernandez who were more than ready

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

I'm really offended by this thread.... how many haters on this board knowing nothing of this league...

:=)

Anyway, I'll take Felipe Reyes to our team any day of the year, it's the perfect rebounding PF we don't have.

lol, no offense to the league but I do know what Augie is, and he is terrible.

Terrible?? Augie actually played pretty well in the very few minutes he got

wouldn't be surprised to see him do very well in that league and we drafted Fran with a high pick being softer and less athletic.

we wont look at him because we have no shot drafting him. hes going top 5 easy.