Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

Nelson out vs. T'Wolves, Bogans might play (Schmitz)

quote:
Originally posted by mdamico:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you a heads up - I'm almost certain Bogans will not play tonight. His cast is off, but today was his first day back in practice and he didn't participate in live action. I would anticipate him being cleared to play in the next week, but I don't think so tonight.

I have to agree considering what Denton said in his article about how Bogans and what he had to wear on his non-shooting hand. Though I thought he used both hands to shoot.

"Bogans has missed the past five games with an avulsion fracture to his left thumb. He got the cast off on Tuesday and he practiced Wednesday morning with a splint and tape on the thumb. Bogans got up extra shots after practice and reported no pain in his thumb. Like Nelson, Bogans is pushing hard to play tonight against the Timberwolves."

I believe the Magic have done very well without either. I believe they have lost only one game. And JJ has proven to be a very decent defender and distributer. He should be worried if Redick gets more the 4 to 5 shots a game.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I think Bogans is rushing back to salvage his minutes before C-Lee or JJ can lay a permanent claim to his playing time.

If he has been watching the games, then I doubt it... lol

redick may not be making shots he normally would make, but he hasnt been taking enough(imo) to really get into a flow...besides, his...cough cough...playmaking has been a nice surprise at the two. he is making good passes that bogans never has, and redick is getting rebounds too. not only that but his D has been rather good-even compared to what bogans does. so, i think he has been playing well...it would be no question about it if he was on fire shooting wise, hes still doing the other things nicely though.

The shooting of Lee and Redick still goes back to motion. They both shoot better off of movement, and that is not the role that SVG has assigned them. I believe after the Boston loss SVG mentioned he would look at way to better utilize some players, I am hoping this is what he meant.