Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

We finally get a glimpse of what Rashard can do!!!

I understand Rashard has been a solid player since we signed him but I think we can all agree he hasn't been a "superstar". His shooting ability is undeniable but what makes players worth the big bucks (Which Rashard is getting paid) is what he was doing the other night against Boston. He was playing with a chip on his shoulder and wanted the ball in his hands. He is money on the low block and it is a shame that we can't get him the ball in that spot 10 to 15 times a game. His inside out game is one of a kind and he finally threw down a two handed dunk with some authority! Lets keep getting Rashard the rock!!!

I also like the lineup with Dwight, Tony, Rashard, Lee/JJ, and Jameer/Beetle Juice

I understand Rashard has been a solid player since we signed him but I think we can all agree he hasn't been a "superstar". His shooting ability is undeniable but what makes players worth the big bucks (Which Rashard is getting paid) is what he was doing the other night against Boston. He was playing with a chip on his shoulder and wanted the ball in his hands. He is money on the low block and it is a shame that we can't get him the ball in that spot 10 to 15 times a game. His inside out game is one of a kind and he finally threw down a two handed dunk with some authority! Lets keep getting Rashard the rock!!!

I also like the lineup with Dwight, Tony, Rashard, Lee/JJ, and Jameer/Beetle Juice

Last year it seems like he shyed away from the action a lot of the time. He got a little more agressive as the season went on, but it still wasn't enough. This year he looks a lot more comfortable in the offense. He's actually been assertive. I like the fact that he's physical in the post now, and that he attacks the basket. He also has found his mid-range game.

I much rather have him as our 2nd option than Hedo. At least give him a chance to earn some of that money.

He's being more aggressive, though his percentage from inside the 3pt line is still subpar. I don't think it'll stay that way, but it is strange to see. I do like that after a really bad first few weeks, his percentages are trending up, though.

I said this in a previous thread, but I was happy to see him pick up a T the other night against the Celtics. He was getting held and pushed around and told the refs how it is. If we were losing by 2 or 3 points, I might have not been so thrilled, but it was good to see him show some emotion.

He looked like he wanted to beat the Celtics by himself.

I feel more comfortable with him in the post than some of the crazy runners that Hedo takes.

I really didn't like the pickup at the time because he always seemed soft. His D this year has been much better and he's playing much tougher. I've even seen him barking at some of his teammates trying to get better effort out of them.

quote:
He looked like he wanted to beat the Celtics by himself.

Couldn't have said it better myself. He was the only one there that showed up and wanted to win. I was at the game and have to be honest with you (I am sure you saw it as well) D12 played very timid on the offensive end. There is no reason why Kendrick Perkins should hold him to 14 points or any reason why he is taking jump shots against him. I live in Boston and can't tell you how soft KG and Perkins are. KG wants no contact and is strictly a jump shooter now and was no where near the paint since Lewis drew him outside and Perkins will foul on every attempt inside if you take it to him. D12 needed to pound it inside, it's not like he wasn't making free throws that night (4 of 6). The fact he only had 6 FT attempts is absurd. At least Shard played well, hopefully when we are at full strength, things will change.

I heard Van Gundy say on his radio show last night that he is making a concerted effort to get Rashard more involved.

This may simply be a good coaching decision, or....

Otis has placed a bug in his ear that he might want to start adjusting how his offense runs without going through Hedo, as he might not be around much longer.

Is it just me or did anyone see when D12 fouled Pierce and KG bumped him and D12 gave him a little push in the back and laughed it off. Well KG told the ref to watch D12 and D12 thought it was funny. We need to get way more pumped against any team and stop playing and keeping the nice image. I love the fact out team stays out of trouble but we can't be push overs. After the game was over D12 was playing with Rivers and to me thats not right we have fans that get more up set then the players when we lose.

It took Rashard 99 games....but he finally had his first 30 point regular season game with the Magic on monday. He's capable of putting up those big numbers, didn't he score 44 on us one time when he was with the Sonics?

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

It took Rashard 99 games....but he finally had his first 30 point regular season game with the Magic on monday. He's capable of putting up those big numbers, didn't he score 44 on us one time when he was with the Sonics?

He would put up 30 EVERY night if we didn't have any other scoring options on the team. Example: Boston. They have guys that can score 20 every night, but they all bought into a team philosophy and put stats aside. That's what our guys do.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dazzle:

Is it just me or did anyone see when D12 fouled Pierce and KG bumped him and D12 gave him a little push in the back and laughed it off. Well KG told the ref to watch D12 and D12 thought it was funny. We need to get way more pumped against any team and stop playing and keeping the nice image. I love the fact out team stays out of trouble but we can't be push overs. After the game was over D12 was playing with Rivers and to me thats not right we have fans that get more up set then the players when we lose.

This team can not be taken seriously as long as D12 doesn't grow up and get a mean streak. I hate all the laughing he does while players are pounding him. Grow up Dwight, I am tired of seeing mediocre guys out physical you.