Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

ESPN - Daily Dime: Redick on court, looking for his range

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

So I have to ask because I really don't know. Has JJ clocked enough playing time to be invited to participate in the 3 Point Shooting Contest at the All Star Weekend? Just what is the criteria for being invited? Or is there any?

His shooting percentage will need to improve dramatically & jump shooters like JJ don't tend to live up to expectations in the 3 pt. contest anyway. In the history of the event, Ray Allen is probably the only real "jump" shooter to win it. Kapono's shot is built for that contest, he'll probably join Bird & Hodges as 3x winners.

JJ will be fine. What bothers me most is that he is wide open sometimes and his team mates for some reason ignore him. I guess he has to gain their confidence.

Two of the times Redick was open Hedo had the ball and he was intent on getting to the basket no matter what. I think it just matters who is at point for the game. BTW Redick was wide open and he also could have gotten the ball to Howard from there without any problems, but Hedo was in charge and I do believe that one of his shots made it the other he lost it and Boston killed that Magic on the other end.

That's just what I saw imo.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

He's still doing other things well but if he doesn't start hitting wide open spot up 3's soon I'm going to lose my mind.

Agree 100%. I'm not a Dukie or a "JJ" fan, but I've said for 3 years the guy is a lot more than a Kerr like spot up shooter. Now he's proving that and he hasn't knocked down shots.