Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

...we need that other PG**with update from Kyler Grizz and Magic info update pg 5

quote:
Originally posted by BigBoy:

I haven't read this whole thread so if i missed something...sorry.

But isn't Critt about the same player as C. Lee? Critt isn't a true PG either is he? I like Hakim, but what does Critt gives us that we don't get from Lee?

Whether you want to discredit Critt's skills as a PG because he is 6-5, or because he looks for his offense often is understandable...incorrect IMO, but understandable. However, Critt has spent an extensive amount of time playing the PG spot (All American in high-school & college) where as Lee only played the position here and there one season at Western Kentucky. Three of his 4 seasons as a hilltopper, he played the SG spot.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I've also seen guys like Pavel Podkolzine

There's no "E" at the end, and he was a rebounding machine in that one game, so there.

lol. Kberto, he was that 7-4 Russian guy that ended up needing surgery on his pituatary gland to prevent gigantism.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

We're talking about STAN VAN GUNDY here. His only focus is winning. He wouldn't even play Redick last year in garbage time. Now all of a sudden when Redick has gotten better, and earned some pt, our we building value..? Doesn't add up to me.

As a coach I wouldn't object to the idea of not having my best players on the floor and possibly putting my team in a situation to lose a few games if I was convincd that a trade was being negotiated that would make my team stronger for the remainder of the season.

I'm a risk taker though.

But really, look at this year..

Ryan Anderson, Courtney Lee, Kosta Koufos, Nicolas Batum, George Hill, Darrell Arthur, Donte Greene.

2007:

Daequan Cook, Jared Dudley, Wilson Chandler, Rudy Fernandez, Aaron Brooks, Arron Afflalo

2006:

Rajon Rondo, Josh Boone, Kyle Lowry, Jordan Farmar, Sergio Rodriguez

2005:

Nate Robinson, Jarrett Jack, Francisco Garcia, Luther Head, Johan Petro, Jason Maxiell, Linas Kleiza

I mean, the good outweighs the bad IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

We're talking about STAN VAN GUNDY here. His only focus is winning. He wouldn't even play Redick last year in garbage time. Now all of a sudden when Redick has gotten better, and earned some pt, our we building value..? Doesn't add up to me.

As a coach I wouldn't object to the idea of not having my best players on the floor and possibly putting my team in a situation to lose a few games if I was convincd that a trade was being negotiated that would make my team stronger for the remainder of the season.

I'm a risk taker though.

Well if Memphis wanted to make this deal they wouldn't have to see Redick on the floor. From what Junkie has been saying this was in the works for a long time. If you were convinced, you wouldn't even have to risk it with Redick.

I have a hard time believing Redick was the first guy off the bench to start the season just because we wanted to trade him. If someone made an offer we'd listen, but we're not playing him for the sole reason to get someone to bite.

I think this whole Memphis thing has been speculation from the start.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I just don't see why Memphis would make this trade. This is a team that is destined for a high lottery pick this year. They may need shooting but they aren't desperate for anything.

Its a absolute no brainer from our perspective. Warrick and Critt are a MAJOR upgrade.

We'd be trading a first rounder also.

The inclusion of a 1st rounder scares me. We need to build through the draft, and if Critt doesn't pan out, we're left with nothing right? Doesn't that sound oddly familiar to the last time we traded for a PG/F.

I know alot of people say since that Critt could be like any guy we get in the 20s, but being in the 20s isn't only not a guarantee, but also I've seen guys like Josh Howard and Kevin Martin late in the 1st round.

I've also seen guys like Pavel Podkolzine, Wayne Simien, Mardy Collins go in the 20's. It's just as much of a gamble.

The 09 draft class will be fill with depth, especially at PG.

Nick Catlahes, Sherron Collins, A.J. Price, Darren Collison, Ty Lawson, and Johnny Flynn, all should be in are range.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just don't see why Memphis would make this trade. This is a team that is destined for a high lottery pick this year. They may need shooting but they aren't desperate for anything.

Its a absolute no brainer from our perspective. Warrick and Critt are a MAJOR upgrade.

The inclusion of a 1st rounder scares me. We need to build through the draft, and if Critt doesn't pan out, we're left with nothing right? Doesn't that sound oddly familiar to the last time we traded for a PG/F.

I know alot of people say since that Critt could be like any guy we get in the 20s, but being in the 20s isn't only not a guarantee, but also I've seen guys like Josh Howard and Kevin Martin late in the 1st round.

I've also seen guys like Pavel Podkolzine, Wayne Simien, Mardy Collins go in the 20's. It's just as much of a gamble.

Nick Catlahes, Sherron Collins, A.J. Price, Darren Collison, Ty Lawson, and Johnny Flynn, all should be in are range.

He has no NBA future.

Lawson would be nice, but he'll go top 15.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He has no NBA future.

Thorpe dissagrees with you on that one. Are those guys any more or less of a gamble than Critt?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I don't want to make this a Redick thread but we lost the Houston game...

Honestly Junkie, you can do better than this, can't you?

You think we lost the Houston game beacuse of JJ, or because Hedo was out of the lineup, and his replacement in the starting 5 only netted us 5 points on 2 of 8 shooting in 37 minutes?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He has no NBA future.

Have you seen him play this year? Catlahes is one of the top playmaker in the country, he remind me of a young Kirk Hinrich.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He has no NBA future.

Have you seen him play this year? Catlahes is one of the top playmaker in the country, he remind me of a young Kirk Hinrich.

I'm a Gator fan.

And no, he's not an NBA player in my opinion. Maybe an average player at best in the NBA.

He's a great college player though.