Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Schmitz and Co.(Press Row) were making bets on J.J. last night(link)

You guys ran BJ off the board. Now he want give us his "inside information"...LOL

On a more serious note, it was good to see Redick get his shine on last night. I mean for a moment there, he looked like he was back at Duke.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

You guys ran BJ off the board. Now he want give us his "inside information"...LOL

On a more serious note, it was good to see Redick get his shine on last night. I mean for a moment there, he looked like he was back at Duke.

That's a shame. He delivers breaking news a whopping 5 minutes before Denton officially reports it.

Sure, styles make fights, but JJ played solid last night. Lost in all the critiquing of JJ is the fact he played better than his counterparts.

Toronto ran plays for Parker early, they just weren't open. The only time I saw JJ get scored on last night, he got caught in a switch, and Solomon took him one on one for an And1, and that is JJ's weakness defensively.

What I liked about JJ's game last night is that he didn't attempt to force the issue, even after he got into a rythem. He came off several screens & dumped the ball into Dwight instead of forcing a contested jumper. If CLee, Shard, Hedo, AJ, & Battie would take a cue from JJ & Bogans in that regard, we'd be a much better offensive team.

Some of the shots those guys jack up drive me nuts. There are players past and present I really can't stand watching play, but when they play well, it speaks for itself. It's 1 game...but JJ had a solid outing & actually forced some misses on the defensive end his counterparts didn't.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Sure, styles make fights, but JJ played solid last night. Lost in all the critiquing of JJ is the fact he played better than his counterparts.

Toronto ran plays for Parker early, they just weren't open. The only time I saw JJ get scored on last night, he got caught in a switch, and Solomon took him one on one for an And1, and that is JJ's weakness defensively.

What I liked about JJ's game last night is that he didn't attempt to force the issue, even after he got into a rythem. He came off several screens & dumped the ball into Dwight instead of forcing a contested jumper. If CLee, Shard, Hedo, AJ, & Battie would take a cue from JJ & Bogans in that regard, we'd be a much better offensive team.

Some of the shots those guys jack up drive me nuts. There are players past and present I really can't stand watching play, but when they play well, it speaks for itself. It's 1 game...but JJ had a solid outing & actually forced some misses on the defensive end his counterparts didn't.

There is no room for common sense and objectivity here. Take your fair analysis and shove it!

But on a serious note, you make a good point about Redick. He's one of the few players on this team that knows how to make an entry pass to Dwight. That's something guys like Hedo need to learn. If Hedo doesn't get this "I'm Kobe" mentality out of his head, we need to completely take the ball out of his hands.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

If Junkie didn't constantly do this, you wouldn't see these disputes.

I'm happy we won. I'm happy things are going well, but this constant bashing for personal vendettas needs to stop.

You mean if Junkie didn't start stuff? Interesting....

Listen, nobody has been talking about J.J. Redick lately because we all know he hasn't been playing and nobody thought he would be playing in the future until we all got shocked last night.

Ummm...Kberto, you might wanna click this link and read the last post on the page...unfortunately for you I sometimes read the game thread:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/1581029545/p/9

Now, I never made a post last night because I went to bed immediately after the game. I made one post this morning to give my one critique of J.J.'s performance last night and I'll let anybody that wants see what followed afterwards.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/1411072645/p/3

Now, who is the instigator?

Honestly, I wasn't gonna start any J.J. threads or any threads today for that matter...I was gonna wait until J.J. got relegated back to his normal spot and then start one...

But when I read Schmitz blog and saw how Press Row was/were taking bets on how often Sam Mitchell was gonna attack Redick it was just too good of a link to let it ride.

Oh, my fellow posters...don't be afraid of the sarcasm boyz...really, I feel confident the mods are gonna get things under control.

quote:

There is no room for common sense and objectivity here.

Common sense and objectivity would dictate that 20-30 fans in the game thread nearly spontaneously combust due to their frantic efforts to post "JJ is lighting it up" after he hits his 3rd & 4th shot of the season?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

I'm happy we won. I'm happy things are going well, but this constant bashing for personal vendettas needs to stop.

Listen, nobody has been talking about J.J. Redick lately because we all know he hasn't been playing and nobody thought he would be playing in the future until we all got shocked last night.

Ummm...Kberto, you might wanna click this link and read the last post on the page...unfortunately for you I sometimes read the game thread:

Now, I never made a post last night because I went to bed immediately after the game. I made one post this morning to give my one critique of J.J.'s performance last night and I'll let anybody that wants see what followed afterwards.

Honestly, I wasn't gonna start any J.J. threads or any threads today for that matter...I was gonna wait until J.J. got relegated back to his normal spot and then start one...

But when I read Schmitz blog and saw how Press Row was/were taking bets on how often Sam Mitchell was gonna attack Redick it was just too good of a link to let it ride.

Oh, my fellow posters...don't be afraid of the sarcasm boyz...really, I feel confident the mods are gonna get things under control.

My comment was a joke. And to be honest, I wrote it with the intention of you reading it. It's no secret you get happy when JJ fails, so took a harmless jab at you.

Listen, you can justify your posisition any way you want. I know how you stand on this, I just don't understand why you have to constanly pound your dislike for Redick. We've heard it a million times.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Common sense and objectivity would dictate that 20-30 fans in the game thread nearly spontaneously combust due to their frantic efforts to post "JJ is lighting it up" after he hits his 3rd & 4th shot of the season?

What's your point? You're angry that people were joyful over the success of a player? I was happy to see him hits some shots to, does that make me some upsessed fanatic? When people bash guys like Bogans because he replaces Redick, I disapprove of that. Whatever is best for the team i'm for.

And the comment was responding to what kitno said. He brought some objectivity into a discussion that desperately needs it.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Maybe you should look up the term hypocrisy.

Maybe next time you want to show someone instigating something with you, you might not want to link to a thread that shows you instigating JJ fans (second link).

As for Kberto's post (first link), that's well deserved commentary for your constant JJ bashing. You've earned yourself a reputation for your comments, accept it. Don't cause a situation then play the victim, I know i know, its your modus operandi and all, but try accept responsibility for your actions, just a little bit.

Even your own words above show your overall antagonistic attitudes. They are pretty much an admission of you trolling and instigating the JJ crowd.

Again, look up the term hypocrisy.

quote:

quote:

At least its a step or two down from the rabid fanatics of last year... lol

quote:

I just don't understand why you have to constanly pound your dislike for Redick. We've heard it a million times.

The frequency and decibel level with which the opposing arguement is made is easily at a 10 to 1 ratio.

quote:

quote:

I just don't understand why you have to constanly pound your dislike for Redick. We've heard it a million times.

The frequency and decibel level with which the opposing arguement is made is easily at a 10 to 1 ratio.

I think they've toned it down a little... maybe not in the game threads, but thats all emotion and excitement, so that's easily forgiven.