Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

The "let's not trade anyone" thread

Seriously: this team's pretty well-balanced. Why does everyone want to throw that away for some player some other team doesn't want?

And no: no team is going to take JJ, Bogans, etc, etc.

Probably the only tradeable piece we have is Turk and, while he hasn't played amazing this season, he still creates matchup problems. There's a good chance 'Shard is shining right now because, after last season, teams are putting more effort into Hedo.

Soooooooooooo...why do a trade?

Seriously: this team's pretty well-balanced. Why does everyone want to throw that away for some player some other team doesn't want?

And no: no team is going to take JJ, Bogans, etc, etc.

Probably the only tradeable piece we have is Turk and, while he hasn't played amazing this season, he still creates matchup problems. There's a good chance 'Shard is shining right now because, after last season, teams are putting more effort into Hedo.

Soooooooooooo...why do a trade?

But this team started 0-2, they are terrible, we have to trade everything away except Dwight. Everyone else is overpaid and doesn't know how to play basketball so get rid of them. I mean we started the season 0-2, unacceptable!!!

I think one of the big concerns is that Hedo becomes a FA and we might not have the dough to bring him back thanks to Rashard. Also we haven't been getting a lot of bench production, but we have an awesome record so far so I agree that we should at least let things develop before making any dumb trades.

After thinking about things I've read on this site, I'm becoming more like minded with you. I really think we should at the very least keep Turk around and try to resign as quick as we can. I still think we need to get a true pf, but if we don't trade turk then I don't think we can get a decent one. Cook isn't going to get us a starting pf and jj has had one decent game, so he's not going to fetch much either.

Man, this is a boring thread. Where's the controversy?! The arguing? The random links to some ill-conceived trade that is justified because it works on Trade Checker?!

This must be what the Spurs and Pistons forums were like for all those years.

This sucks.

Because this team still lacks depth which will be a problem over the course of the season, and because, looking towards the future, loading up on young, cheap assets is going to be a necessity given our future CAP situation. Glad I could help.

And since Ty wants this thread to have controversy: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes wasn't as good a movie as its sequel, Return of the Killer Tomatoes, even if the original worked better as a satire.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Because this team still lacks depth which will be a problem over the course of the season, and because, looking towards the future, loading up on young, cheap assets is going to be a necessity given our future CAP situation. Glad I could help.

And since Ty wants this thread to have controversy: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes wasn't as good a movie as its sequel, Return of the Killer Tomatoes, even if the original worked better as a satire.

I agree wholeheartedly. Try again.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I agree wholeheartedly. Try again.

Evil Dead 2 was better than Army of Darkness?

It lacks depth because svg won't play any of the back-ups. Normally not even in garbage time does he play them. Recently he has, so maybe we'll see if he can develop them. Here's another thing to think about. We've been trading these players that don't fit or have been a liability for us and they turn out to be pretty good player. Ariza being the latest. I think we really need to have some sort of development within our own team. It's silly to keep getting burned by these trades. The other thing is, we don't draft very well. We've had 3 good draft picks and one decent draft pick that I can remember. Shaq, Penny, Dwight, and Nelson.

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

It lacks depth because svg won't play any of the back-ups. Normally not even in garbage time does he play them. Recently he has, so maybe we'll see if he can develop them. Here's another thing to think about. We've been trading these players that don't fit or have been a liability for us and they turn out to be pretty good player. Ariza being the latest. I think we really need to have some sort of development within our own team. It's silly to keep getting burned by these trades. The other thing is, we don't draft very well. We've had 3 good draft picks and one decent draft pick that I can remember. Shaq, Penny, Dwight, and Nelson.

We didn't draft Penny or Jameer.

And blaming SVG for not developing this bench is easy, but it ignores the underlying problem that the team has 3 backup shooting guards, a single aging backup point, and the guy who is essentially their backup 3 is their starting 4. That's a roster makeup issue, not a coaching issue. Combine that with the fact that their big depth is Tony Battie and Gortat on a rainy day, and you have some serious problems.