Sign in to follow this  
jgadd3

Pietrus Out, JJ to start tonight

You know.. playing J.J. with Nelson doesn't appear to be armageddon this season. I think that's mainly because Jameer has really picked it up on D early in the season here.

Now Redick with A.J.? That's really asking for trouble.

quote:
You know.. playing J.J. with Nelson doesn't appear to be armageddon this season. I think that's mainly because Jameer has really picked it up on D early in the season here.

I know it's blaspheme to say on the boards (or in Orlando) but Jameer has been playing tremendously so far this year. Offensively and defensively.

Nice effort by JJ tonight too. He just needs to calm down a little when he gets his chances.

JJ played well and in the second quarter made a nice little mini run that got the crowed fired up big time! I liked seeing him get some significant playing time , i still dont want to see him go....he should be getting bogans minutes. or i like what they did by pushing bogans in at the 3 a use jj at the same time!

crazy rotations in the first half Stan was pulling out all the stops!!!! i get the sense that he really didnt want to drop this game!

I was at the game and I was definitely paying attention to how well JJ played and i'm being honest when I say i was suprised at how well he played. I don't think he turned the ball over, he made quick decisions and once he calmed down he made a few shots. I think he could be decent off the bench if he got say....17-22 minutes a night; not to mention upping his trade value if thats the direction we take.

the only reason i wanted a good game out of jj, was to indeed boost that trade value. maybe memphis will trade with us now for one of their suits. but like the saying goes,"every dog has it's day." i would have much rather seen c lee or c smooth or what ever we are calling court these days, get the start.

SVG had a plan and it worked. JJ didn't disappoint. Starting may be his nitch instead of coming of the bench. JJ has everything to win! I actually saw SVG clapping after the 9-0 run as the guys came off the court into a time out. He must have read DeVos' new book!

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

SVG had a plan and it worked. JJ didn't disappoint. Starting may be his nitch instead of coming of the bench.

J.J. Start????? Ha-Ha-Ha times forty!!!!!

Seriously, good game J.J.. I was gonna be ticked if it cost us to lose the game but it didn't so I'm a happy camper.

Let's be real here folks...J.J. played and started for a variety of reasons...at least he finally made some shots.

He had favorable match-ups...as Matty Goukas said Anthony Parker really isn't a guy that will take you in the post and when Kapono came in the game J.J. checked him...as we all know he really isn't the fastest guy in the world...you just gotta stay home with him.

J.J. got a lot of minutes with the starters...that will never happen again unless Pietrus is planning on being out for an extended time...as Goukas said, give the Magic credit for realizing this and exploiting it...by hitting some shots maybe his "ZERO" trade value can be upped a little???

In my view he is still 4th string shooting guard and I actually thought Courtney Lee should have gotten the start and J.J. get the 3rd string minutes...especially for a guy that has been such a chemistry killer on our team.

I think Otis, Stan and company realize he has to play and be successful some time or he will be just another wasted lottery pick...so give them credit for taking advantage of this situation and give credit to J.J. for at least doing some positive things on the court for a change.

Go Magic!!!

Junkie your comments are exacly what was expected. A few positive comments wrapped around very negative statements. True hate for a talented kid. Funny though, Stan remarked that it was there best defensive and best game of the year. The chemistry was outstanding. You really believe if he was not doing an excellent job he would have played almost non stop for 3 quarters? I know in you infamous logic it was done to make him better for trading?! But you are a minority of fans who want that. Did you see the arena rocking last night, finally? If Stan announces he is starting a day or so before the game the arena will be sold out. Wait! Do you think Bogans will pack them in? LOL! Give him cedit for what he accomplished even if he never does it again.

I could think of nothing funnier last night, than BallJunkie finally getting past the Usher to get his kids to the railing to high five the team as they leave the court... and the one Magic player that heads over is JJ Redick.