Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Off Topic Question: 2010 Free Agent Class

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

The Cavs can offer LeBron an max deal at $133 million, and the most any other team can offer is $102 million. I don't see him walking away from 30 million dollars.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are alleged kickers in Lebron's Nike deal that would give him something like 50 million to sign in I think New York, Chicago, or LA.

Although with the age of the internet and television though does it really matter to play in a "big market." Seriously how is Lebron going to become anymore famous that he is now.

Also due to the economic climate the Nets new arena in Brooklyn will not be complete by the summer of 2010 so Lebron would be moving to East Rutherford not NYC.

I have said this for years and I could be proved wrong but I do not see Wade, Bosh, Lebron, or Anthony moving from their current situations.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

The Cavs can offer LeBron an max deal at $133 million, and the most any other team can offer is $102 million. I don't see him walking away from 30 million dollars.

Unless he can get that 30 mill many times over playing in the NY market. Lebron has been quoted as saying that he wants to be pro sports first billionaire. 30 mill is a drop in the bucket when that is your goal.

I'm surprised by that Melo move DOM. I would imagine that Denver needs to rebuild soon so you may see him moved as well.

Tiger Woods laughs at Lebron being the first sports billionaire.

As for the Nuggets, they're so hosed right now it's almost laughable. They gave Camby away for nothing and they still will be paying 4 players a combined 58 million in 2010/2011. Anyone who thinks Jameer is on a bad deal should check out what Denver is paying Nene and Kmart. Yeesh. It's like comparing an mosquito bite to a stab wound.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

One thing to keep in mind is that there are alleged kickers in Lebron's Nike deal that would give him something like 50 million to sign in I think New York, Chicago, or LA.

Although with the age of the internet and television though does it really matter to play in a "big market." Seriously how is Lebron going to become anymore famous that he is now.

Also due to the economic climate the Nets new arena in Brooklyn will not be complete by the summer of 2010 so Lebron would be moving to East Rutherford not NYC.

I have said this for years and I could be proved wrong but I do not see Wade, Bosh, Lebron, or Anthony moving from their current situations.

I disagree. I think Bosh is as good as gone, as is Lebron. Wade may stay, and I could careless about Anthony and have no real guess on what he does. He probably either gets traded because Denver realizes he isn't going to take them anywhere, or he resigns with them for the money.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

I disagree. I think Bosh is as good as gone, as is Lebron. Wade may stay, and I could careless about Anthony and have no real guess on what he does. He probably either gets traded because Denver realizes he isn't going to take them anywhere, or he resigns with them for the money.

Barring a huge jump in the CAP, or someone making an Isiah level stupid trade with them for Curry or Jeffries, the Knicks won't be able to get far enough under the CAP to offer Lebron a max deal, and if the Nets don't go to Brooklyn, I'm not sure there's enough motivation for Lebron to head there either. So he may stick to Cleveland out of lack of options.

And as weird as it sounds, I think Bosh likes playing for Toronto to hang around.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

Barring a huge jump in the CAP, or someone making an Isiah level stupid trade with them for Curry or Jeffries, the Knicks won't be able to get far enough under the CAP to offer Lebron a max deal, and if the Nets don't go to Brooklyn, I'm not sure there's enough motivation for Lebron to head there either. So he may stick to Cleveland out of lack of options.

And as weird as it sounds, I think Bosh likes playing for Toronto to hang around.

Now we cannot discount before the summer of 2010 David Stern announcing the end of the salary cap in which case the Knicks will offer Lebron 1 billion dollars and MSG.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

Bill Schumacher laughs at Tiger Woods...

Is that the F1 guy? I thought his name was Michael.

Sure, if Cleveland new LeBron was out the door, why not trade him? Ask yourself this though, would you give up anything decent for a half season rental of LeBron? I think the only way I would make that trade was if I had a **** good idea that he was going to stick around after the season ended. Now, to know that, you would have to know LeBron wanted to come to your team regardless, right?

Take NJ for instance. Lets say they know LeBron is going to sign with them in 2010. If they know this, why give up anything decent to get him a little early?

I see LeBron staying in Cleveland until his contract is up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't they be able to sign him for more money than any other team? Once his contract is up, he decides where he wants to go, Cleveland gives him up in a sign and trade for a max contract.

Now, if LeBron were really savvy, and wanted to work towards his legend status, he would sign with whatever team he chooses, for a modest contract, and not tie their hands for future moves. It's not like he needs the money from the contract, he makes significantly more through endorsements. Big market team means more endorsement money. The team having mroe money to spend means a better (theoretically) supporting cast. A better supporting cast means a better chance at a title.

quote:

quote:

quote:

yea, you're right, Michael Schumacher...I was multi-tasking...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

yea, you're right, Michael Schumacher...I was multi-tasking...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are several billionaire athletes outside the US. So I guess the accurate quote would be "Tiger Woods laughs at Lebron being the first American sports billionaire".

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Sure, if Cleveland new LeBron was out the door, why not trade him? Ask yourself this though, would you give up anything decent for a half season rental of LeBron? I think the only way I would make that trade was if I had a **** good idea that he was going to stick around after the season ended. Now, to know that, you would have to know LeBron wanted to come to your team regardless, right?

Take NJ for instance. Lets say they know LeBron is going to sign with them in 2010. If they know this, why give up anything decent to get him a little early?

I see LeBron staying in Cleveland until his contract is up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't they be able to sign him for more money than any other team? Once his contract is up, he decides where he wants to go, Cleveland gives him up in a sign and trade for a max contract.

Now, if LeBron were really savvy, and wanted to work towards his legend status, he would sign with whatever team he chooses, for a modest contract, and not tie their hands for future moves. It's not like he needs the money from the contract, he makes significantly more through endorsements. Big market team means more endorsement money. The team having mroe money to spend means a better (theoretically) supporting cast. A better supporting cast means a better chance at a title.

The Cavs can offer him the most money, plus still have money left over to make a run at Wade or Bosh.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

The Cavs can offer him the most money, plus still have money left over to make a run at Wade or Bosh.

I adddressed that... if he wants out of Cleveland, he stays put until his contract ends, then Cleveland signs him to a max contract in a sign and trade deal.