Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long

Bush's Legacy looking for more things to RUIN.

From Democracynow.org:

quote:
As the media focuses on President-elect Obama and the transition of power in Washington, the Bush administration is quietly trying to push through a wide array of federal regulations before President Bush leaves office in January.

Up to 90 proposed regulations could be finalized by the outgoing administration, many of which would weaken government rules aimed at protecting consumers and the environment. According to the Washington Post, the new rules would be among the most controversial deregulatory steps of the Bush era. They include rules that could weaken workplace safety protections, allow local police to spy in the so-called

From Democracynow.org:

quote:
As the media focuses on President-elect Obama and the transition of power in Washington, the Bush administration is quietly trying to push through a wide array of federal regulations before President Bush leaves office in January.

Up to 90 proposed regulations could be finalized by the outgoing administration, many of which would weaken government rules aimed at protecting consumers and the environment. According to the Washington Post, the new rules would be among the most controversial deregulatory steps of the Bush era. They include rules that could weaken workplace safety protections, allow local police to spy in the so-called

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

From Democracynow.org:

quote:

quote:

The Bush administration is evil. They are the axis of evil and should go directly to jail as soon as they are out of office. This is just another example of their beliefs. Christian, HA HA HA Ficking HA!!!!

Define 'evil'...

Thank you.

The definition of evil:To harm or a want to harm with out a thought of doing the harmless thing. Having no care about the consequences of your actions when the consequences are harmful and violent. Sucking up to corporate power to drink at the trough of their money with no thought of the weaker or less affluent.

I know this is not cryptic, but I think you will understand.

I thought Dems were too busy stealing senate elections and devising plans to sell out to left wing groups too notice Bush was doing what every other President does...The Fed government and our two party system, hypocrisy at it's finest.

Kitno: Do you see a path to an end of the two party system that is destroying our democracy? I would like to see it in the future, but too many people are too stupid or brainwashed into believing what these corporate mouthpieces say.

By the way I love the "Dolts" comment.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I thought Dems were too busy stealing senate elections and devising plans to sell out to left wing groups too notice Bush was doing what every other President does...The Fed government and our two party system, hypocrisy at it's finest.

Did you cry foul when Bush stole his elections (Florida and Ohio)?

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Did you cry foul when Bush stole his elections (Florida and Ohio)?

I believe Gore is the one who attempted to steal the 2000 election in Florida and that was eventually proven. I believe Rep manipulated the prez election in 2004. I take issue with both cases as well as the countless cases that proceeded them and those that are presently taking place.

Anybody who feels their parties actions to manipulate elections are justified only perpetuates this cycle that began long before the 2000 & 2004 elections. When you support corruption, don't cry when you get corruption.

quote:

Kitno: Do you see a path to an end of the two party system that is destroying our democracy? I would like to see it in the future, but too many people are too stupid or brainwashed into believing what these corporate mouthpieces say.

Yes & No.

I think the climate is ripe for an Indy candidate to win a National election. It doesn't hurt that 25% of Americans are registered I's today to begin with and that's growing every election cycle.

Unless that spawns a viable 3rd national party however, Independents will never break up the 2 party power structure that extends all the way through the local level.

The only other way I see that happening is if you see either of the current parties splinter. We are always on the verge of that happening, but the prospect of handing power over to the other party prevents it.

The extreme left wing backed Nadar in 2000 and gave Bush the election. They may hate the Dems, but they hate the Reps even more. If Hillary had succeeded at stealing the election from Obama or McCain had run as the centrist he is and selected a running mate like Lieberman, then you easily could have seen either or both parties fracture in this past election.

If the Republican party shook the religious right from their tree, they are better positioned imo to evolve into a popululist party that resembles the Reform Party. But, would still have the stigma of being Republicans.

So, imo, it will take an independently wealthy individual with name recognizition to take that first step of winning a national election. From there, that individual will need to posses the big picture idealism that Perot had in creating a 3rd party with staying power, or one of the other parties will need to destroy itself from the inside.

But, with the power structure our two parties enjoy, the only meaningful way to break it up is to move from a 2 party to 3 party system imo. Otherwise, 3rd party candidates can win individual elections, but their voice will be drowned out in whatever venue they serve in.