Sign in to follow this  
Ishtar

Magic banned in Florida. Please protest.

Colocasia esculenta, aka Black Magic pictured below -

Colocasia_BlackMagic6300.jpg

Is a wild taro, is an invasive exotic in much of peninsular Florida. It is listed by the Florida Exotic Pest Plant Council as a Category I Species, known to be disrupting native plant communities and displacing native plant species. Taro forms dense stands along lakes and rivers where it completely eliminates native plant species. Taro should not be cultivated outdoors in the vicinity of wetlands where it could escape and establish a self sustaining population that would eliminate native species.

I deem this to be both racist and plantist hereby suggest we protest this discrimination forthwith...

Colocasia esculenta, aka Black Magic pictured below -

Colocasia_BlackMagic6300.jpg

Is a wild taro, is an invasive exotic in much of peninsular Florida. It is listed by the Florida Exotic Pest Plant Council as a Category I Species, known to be disrupting native plant communities and displacing native plant species. Taro forms dense stands along lakes and rivers where it completely eliminates native plant species. Taro should not be cultivated outdoors in the vicinity of wetlands where it could escape and establish a self sustaining population that would eliminate native species.

I deem this to be both racist and plantist hereby suggest we protest this discrimination forthwith...

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Moving this to off topic, please check your PM's.

On a side note, I actually ordered some of these for the pond I built in my back yard.

Has this guy shown up yet?

screamapillar.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Moving this to off topic, please check your PM's.

On a side note, I actually ordered some of these for the pond I built in my back yard.

Oh dear I hope you do not live in Florida as the Plant Police may come and pay you and your triffids a visit.