Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Ruh-Roh - JJ's pissed

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

re post by me:

quote:
Stan's offense sucks. His gameplan could be figured out by a 5th grade gym teacher. Pick and roll with Hedo and Dwight. The other 3 stand at the 3 pt. line. Wow, Stan is a genius. JJ does not fit in because he moves through the lane looking for open space. He did that his whole career. Yet this year, Stan has finally got him to stand like Bogans and Evans (last year). And surprise surprise, JJ is out of sync. He is trying to do the same thing with Lee and his shot is struggling also.

Stan needs to change his plan or go away.

This is why this team is struggling on offense. Also do you believe that Lee, Johnson, and Pietrus are out performing Evans and Dooling?

Did Evans and Dooling not have bad stretches of the year?

By Marc Acres:

quote:
You are right, I mean it's not like Utah rode a pick and roll offense to the NBA finals or anything. And it's not like the Spurs won a title or 2 with an inside out offense. We need something more complex like the Princeton offense that Sac didn't get to the finals with or the wide open offense that PHX didn't get anywhere with.

Are you actually comparing Stockton and Malone to Hedo and Dwight. Wow. Also the spurs have a motion offense where Ginobli is constant movement and Parker drives like no other. These comparisons are ridiculous.

Three, "Giant" goose eggs". Wow that was an intelligent statement. 1-3 with JJ and 3-4 without him...hmmm. Isnt that the same equation almost? Whining? because he was lied to, again! Last I head Rashad was whining, Cook and others have made mentioned on how they feel. Do you believe they were lied to as well? Junkie cant wait to blast JJ whenever he can for his play and you cant wait to do the same if the "accurate press", quotes him word for word. They do so everytime don't they? Maybe he was asked a question and his answer was lets say, maybe taken out of context? No way I bet. Yea right.

He was lit up by flip and Pietrus, Bogans never get score on and rookies who are suppose to earn there time..Lee do not ever get scored on? Give me a break mister expert. I can read box scores, watch the games and determine who is scoring the most points against the magic. I think it has been the SG's.

Sayinh he cant play defense is the tool that is used to make JJ look bad. He is no worse or better then most pro's. Pietrus is a good defender? Why? Because he gets in foul trouble in the first 5 minutes of a game? How much did we spend for him to sit most of the game in foul trouble?

Smack your suppose to be the great sorcerer of this board, then you should know that a scorer must have minutes and get into rythmn.

I think the super star Rashad who is 0-10 in his last two games from the 3 point land should be more of a concern then a kid who is given a few sporadic minutes in 3 games. If Van Gundy was telling the truth from the beginning and he was a good coach there were many opportunites missed this year already, to give JJ a second chance....or is that really a first chance?

Quit hating Duke players and think of JJ as an Orlando Magic player for once. BTW your highness, what college currently has the most active NBA players? Junkie..anyone?

Entering the season JJ had a career 3% of over 39%, if he missed his first 4 give him the green light, he will make his next three. If it's too early to evaluate the Magic shooting don't you think it was early to evaluate Redick?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

Stan's offense sucks. His gameplan could be figured out by a 5th grade gym teacher. Pick and roll with Hedo and Dwight. The other 3 stand at the 3 pt. line. Wow, Stan is a genius. JJ does not fit in because he moves through the lane looking for open space. He did that his whole career. Yet this year, Stan has finally got him to stand like Bogans and Evans (last year). And surprise surprise, JJ is out of sync. He is trying to do the same thing with Lee and his shot is struggling also.

Stan needs to change his plan or go away.

You are right, I mean it's not like Utah rode a pick and roll offense to the NBA finals or anything. And it's not like the Spurs won a title or 2 with an inside out offense. We need something more complex like the Princeton offense that Sac didn't get to the finals with or the wide open offense that PHX didn't get anywhere with.

It doesn't really matter how complex or how simple the offense is, if you execute it properly you can tell the other team what you are going to do and it won't matter.

Yeah but Utah was good at running the pick and roll. We're not good at it, mainly because we don't have the right pieces, but we continue to do it anyway.

I've always had problems with SVG's outlook. However, since we got out to such a hot start last year, it became blasphemous to criticize him. But he has the same problem Brian Hill had, he's stubborn and he acts like a crazy person on the sideline.

eh i'm not taking offense, this jj battleground is seemingly interesting to me still. in the long run c. lee will be alot more useful to this team than jj will. and i don't care what the percentages are, stan basically has at least 6 players that have the green light to shoot the 3 ball at all times, he tries to live and die by it, and he's been getting killed. we need better inside game as of today, we need to utilize our height/skill on the inside, and at the least we need to be taking 8 foot jumpers instead of worrying about that 3 point line (lewis/turk/anyone) save that 3 ball game for when that inside game fails or to bury a team in the second half of a game. again, from football, establish the run game before you air it out.

that last point being laid out like that, jj isn't want this team needs, i'm sure he'll fit in on a really good team so he can come off the bench and nail a bunch of 3's and long jump shots against some other team's scrubs when his team is up 30 points. then he can get his ring and all the jj fans here can come in and gloat about how he got a ring before dwight, getting it wrong like always. whatever, the game he's providing, his natural game, isn't needed, and to tell you the truth alot of teams don't want it, did any of us see travis outlaw light us up two nights ago? that kind of shot production with a taller frame, and the ability to pick up 2 different positions, that's where the future of that steve kerr, jeff hornececk, position is going, jj is a decade or two too late, and maybe there is someone out there that can use that, but not here and not now.

to tell you the truth when richardson hit the floor and is allowed to get even the same amount of time as mr. reddick, he'll be effective enough to be activated. i'm not worried about the 2, 3, or 5 spot on this team at all, peitrus is a bad*** and we hve 2 good sf's and dwight is the beast of beasts, i'm worried about the 2nd pg spot, and the PF role, that's where all of these little conversations should be addressing, maybe we could offer an idea that will help those areas out, instead of worrying about some college frat boy that complains like he didn't get what he wanted for christmas for the first time, seriously, maybe struggle is what he needs to become a better person.

Back on JJ, is anyone really suprised he's angry? Everyone praises him on his improvements, including Stan, saying in effect, he played the best among the guards, yet, he plays three games and he's back in the dog house.

JJ's never had any leeway on this team. He's always been under the microscope, and when he plays bad or makes a mistake, he's done.

If Stan feels defense is such a priority, than Hedo and Jameer should be on the bench, and we should of kept Ariza. However, those guys get a pass and Redick doesn't.

I said this last year before the deadline, if he wasn't apart of the big picture than trade him. We didn't. Now, like always, we'll lose an asset for nothing.

quote:
to tell you the truth when richardson hit the floor and is allowed to get even the same amount of time as mr. reddick, he'll be effective enough to be activated. i'm not worried about the 2, 3, or 5 spot on this team at all, peitrus is a bad***

You have said the SVG is a great evaluator of talent and that is why JJ sits. Well then why is Richardson not even suiting up? And If pietrus is such a great player why is he sitting the last 10 minutes of EVERY game?

quote:

By Marc Acres:

quote:

Are you actually comparing Stockton and Malone to Hedo and Dwight. Wow. Also the spurs have a motion offense where Ginobli is constant movement and Parker drives like no other. These comparisons are ridiculous.

No, I was comparing offensive schemes. What is ridiculous is that you are getting bent out of shape because you feel that Stan's offense isn't complex enough, yet you have a low opinion of the players we have. Do you feel that sub-standard players are going to be better at executing a more difficult offensive scheme?

Kberto hit the nail on the head, we don't execute the offense properly. If we did it would work just fine regardless of whether a 5th grade coach could see it coming or not.

I find it laughable that there are people in this thread lobbying for JJ to get more mins based on shooting slumps by other players. So we should give JJ more mins to break out of his shooting slump and take mins away from others that are trying to break out of their own shooting slumps?

Geez. The same guys are still at it. Don't you have a life away from the Magic and its message boards?? You sound like a bunch of little kids with your continual bashing.

Why don't you do something different for a change and support all of the players on the team??? Each one of you claims to be a true Magic fan. Let me clue you in on that one-you aren't. Not when you continually bash one or more players to the wall. This has been going on for 2 years now. Move on to something positive about the team and stop being so negative.

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

Geez. The same guys are still at it. Don't you have a life away from the Magic and its message boards?? You sound like a bunch of little kids with your continual bashing.

Why don't you do something different for a change and support all of the players on the team??? Each one of you claims to be a true Magic fan. Let me clue you in on that one-you aren't. Not when you continually bash one or more players to the wall. This has been going on for 2 years now. Move on to something positive about the team and stop being so negative.

Welcome back granny.

quote:
Originally posted by futuremg:

Three, "Giant" goose eggs". Wow that was an intelligent statement. 1-3 with JJ and 3-4 without him...hmmm. Isnt that the same equation almost? Whining? because he was lied to, again! Last I head Rashad was whining, Cook and others have made mentioned on how they feel. Do you believe they were lied to as well? Junkie cant wait to blast JJ whenever he can for his play and you cant wait to do the same if the "accurate press", quotes him word for word. They do so everytime don't they? Maybe he was asked a question and his answer was lets say, maybe taken out of context? No way I bet. Yea right.

He was lit up by flip and Pietrus, Bogans never get score on and rookies who are suppose to earn there time..Lee do not ever get scored on? Give me a break mister expert. I can read box scores, watch the games and determine who is scoring the most points against the magic. I think it has been the SG's.

Sayinh he cant play defense is the tool that is used to make JJ look bad. He is no worse or better then most pro's. Pietrus is a good defender? Why? Because he gets in foul trouble in the first 5 minutes of a game? How much did we spend for him to sit most of the game in foul trouble?

Smack your suppose to be the great sorcerer of this board, then you should know that a scorer must have minutes and get into rythmn.

I think the super star Rashad who is 0-10 in his last two games from the 3 point land should be more of a concern then a kid who is given a few sporadic minutes in 3 games. If Van Gundy was telling the truth from the beginning and he was a good coach there were many opportunites missed this year already, to give JJ a second chance....or is that really a first chance?

Quit hating Duke players and think of JJ as an Orlando Magic player for once. BTW your highness, what college currently has the most active NBA players? Junkie..anyone?

lol maybe they can come on the court and give us teh 6 guys necessary for jj to actually get a shot at being an nba caliber player, and guess what, if r. lewis went 0 for 60, he could at the least, and at the least mind you, go to the other end of the court, stand there, and raise his hands, and POOF!, better defense than JJ, to tell you the truth i have other Dukie players on my fantasy sqad, they're very good players, but you have to admit, he gets alot of people arguing has case because he's from duke, might as well have a few people argue against it. and jj got lied to? or did he get told he'd get some playing time, then he laid giant t-rex eggs, he literally walked backwards when he was picking up j. johnson, backwards, and now he's whining? and did r. lewis complain about the team or his own shots? cook is a shot jockey like jj, i don't even remember him complaining but if he did, it's becase he's a mouse of a PF, we seriously need a PF willing to to throw is body around the paint instead of hanging int he wings and shooting them in from 40 feet away, awesome if he makes them, but it's not in a real game plan.

i like the spin on this though, jj got lied to, he's the real victim here guys, it was stan that yelled BOO, when he took those shots, and i think i saw otis signaling him to be really slow on defense, and crawl into the fetus position on the ground when the opposing sg got the ball in his hands. you guys live brittney... i mean jj alone.