Sign in to follow this  
jack l j

what about ariza

quote:
Originally posted by magicfanejc42:

Man guys,the management is the one to blame here..They have been horrid over the last 10 years or so..I just brought this up on realgm.. Here are somethings that will never cease to amaze me..

Keyon Dooling and Corey Maggette & Cash for A future first from the Clippers..

Releasing Ron Mercer and Chauncy Billups, whilst trading Ben wallace for an injured Grant Hill..

Trading Mobley(Our best players BEST friend and main reason our team was even okay.) for Doug Christie.

Trading Ariza for an overweight shooting PF and an expiring SG..(When everyone knew Ariza could be special)

Trading Gooden and Verajo for Battie.

Trading Miller for Gooden.(At the time, T-mac said if Miller was ever traded he would highly consider retiring and playing basketball..)

Not to mention there are SOOO many more..This management has been carried by the first overall draft picks they have had..Dwight,Shaq,Penny...... It's quite pathetic how this front office has screwed up soo many times.

The one thing that never leave my mind (Even though hind sight is 20/20)

Billups

Mac

Miller

Duncan(Could have offered more money without Ghill)

Ben Wallace

Bench, Atkins,Mercer and so on..Not to mention Maggette still could havebeen here..UGH, oh well..

You're joking, right? You think we would have declined receiving a player of Hill's caliber (although injured) for Atkins and an undrafted C?

No one predicted Chauncey to blow up like he did in Motown, since he was largely mediocre for his first six or so seasons.

Grant, however, was labeled the second coming by seemingly everyone who payed attention to the basketball world.

I was just looking at some numbers...

arizamper9.png

Ariza has played 7 games, where MP has played 8...but it looks like in 4 less minutes a game, Ariza is giving MP a run for his money...he's also averaging less fouls than MP in that time...

lol

oh well...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I was just looking at some numbers...

arizamper9.png

Ariza has played 7 games, where MP has played 8...but it looks like in 4 less minutes a game, Ariza is giving MP a run for his money...he's also averaging less fouls than MP in that time...

lol

oh well...

One thing you have to keep in mind here, is Ariza was reportedly traded, for medical reasons, the team stating that he had signifigant damage done one of his feet, that the team felt, would shorten his carreer, and playing time. He was injury prone while here, and missed all of last season in LA with a foot injury. Ariza has always been a talent when healthy, so I believe his health and how much he can contribute throughout the rest of his contract should also be taken into account here.

PS. Ariza won't keep up his 3pt shot%, and Peitrus has much better handles.

yea I know the issues with his foot...Otis has never stated that these are the issues for the trade though...Either way, that has nothing to do with what I just posted...these are just stats here over the course of the season, nothing to keep in mind, I'm over the trade...I thought it was pretty interesting to see what Ariza, a backup for the Lakers is doing for his club, vs. our starter...really gets me hoping that MP picks it up...

Peitrus has really had some "tic-tac" fouls called against him early in games, it has really pisses me off, especially when refs, allow so much contact with opposing players on Dwight.

Still those stats are pulled from such a short amount of time that if one is slumping, and the other is on fire, there is no time for them to even out over time.

who cares if it's only 7 games? it's 2 weeks worth of basketball...I'm not taking these as Ariza career numbers...People are already clamoring over Dwight, LBJ, Kobe, Paul, Wade and Joe Johnson's stats...the point is simply, hey check out Ariza with his best numbers ever, off the bench no less...and while your at it, look how that stacks up to our newly acquired starter...that's all...

quote:

who cares if it's only 7 games? it's 2 weeks worth of basketball...I'm not taking these as Ariza career numbers...People are already clamoring over Dwight, LBJ, Kobe, Paul, Wade and Joe Johnson's stats...the point is simply, hey check out Ariza with his best numbers ever, off the bench no less...and while your at it, look how that stacks up to our newly acquired starter...that's all...

The reason 7 games is an issue is because one game can completely obliterate a sample when your sample size is that small.

Tony Delk once scored 50 points in a game. If he played 7 games, with that being one of them, and averaged 5 points a game in the other 6, he'd be averaging 11.4 points a game, despite only scoring half that most of the time. It's the same reason why you can't really take Tony Parker's scoring average for this year seriously.

Similarly, players go through hot streaks and dry spells with their shooting, and this kind of small sample forces you to ignore one or the other.

Comparing Ariza & Pietrus is pointless, they've both played well so far, and they should both be on this team.

I said it then and I'll say it again, I would rather have Chris Mihm than Blarity.

The Lakers should send rings to Otis & Chris Wallace if they win the championship this season. Not only did they add value, they cut dead weight from their roster in those two trades!

quote:

just cant win...

whatever

Just check back after 20 games and things will be a little more valid. The greater your sample, the more stable your results.