Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

We are finally backt to being a bad team with bad contracts where we belong!!!!

7 or 82, it doesn't matter. This team can not play with the top tier teams. Do you honestly think we can beat Boston in a 7 game series with this group. I said it all of last year. We are a jump shooting team and when shots don't fall we can't play good defense or rebound to pull out games. Guess what? In the playoffs jump shooting teams don't win. I just can't believe McDyess is out there and we won't sign him because we will be over the luxury tax. WOW what a comittment from the top to win. Hey I have an idea. Maybe we can all become Amway Distributors and then Devoes will give the OK to go over the tax.

It's not about how many games we have played this season. I think the Magic have gotten off to a fine start. I am looking at the entire body of work. I don't think Otis has made good moves. I don't know why he gets a free pass. I am not *****ing about the moves I am simply saying that they were bad moves. If anyone can justify these contracts I would like to hear it. His job is to get the best players on the floor at the best price and win games. He is losing that battle. His job is not doing a good job.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

It's not about how many games we have played this season. I think the Magic have gotten off to a fine start. I am looking at the entire body of work. I don't think Otis has made good moves. I don't know why he gets a free pass. I am not *****ing about the moves I am simply saying that they were bad moves. If anyone can justify these contracts I would like to hear it. His job is to get the best players on the floor at the best price and win games. He is losing that battle. His job is not doing a good job.

a lot of bad fans...i seriously doubt you were whining like a child last year when our 'jump shooting team' was headed to the 2nd rd of the playoffs. Now you're jumping ship after 7 games. Peace out, this team needs fans like you like it needs a sexual harassment suit.

Also, calling a team w/ dwight howard on it a jumpshooting team is beyond retarded. Learn the game of basketball, then try and make an intelligent commentary.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

7 or 82, it doesn't matter. This team can not play with the top tier teams. Do you honestly think we can beat Boston in a 7 game series with this group. I said it all of last year. We are a jump shooting team and when shots don't fall we can't play good defense or rebound to pull out games. Guess what? In the playoffs jump shooting teams don't win. I just can't believe McDyess is out there and we won't sign him because we will be over the luxury tax. WOW what a comittment from the top to win. Hey I have an idea. Maybe we can all become Amway Distributors and then Devoes will give the OK to go over the tax.

Okay...Let's address all the ignorance indivudally

Can we compete with the C's in a 7 game series. Yes, yes we can. We are a team that would give them fits. KG is tough to play against Rashard because with both scoring seemingly at will, he won't be able to keep up with 'Shard and him guarding Dwight is just plain foul suicide and dominance

You say were a jumpshooting team? No, no were not. You are wrong. You are incorrect because we aren't a very jumpshot orientated team, we are an inside-out team. We VERY rarely run plays to get open looks from a jump shot and we rarely see a shooter moving to get a shot. We see the pick and roll get collapsed on and open threes which is what we want and get. Our three point shooting makes us seem like a jumpshooting team but we aren't. Portland on the other hand is the definition of a jumpshooting team

McDyess says publically it's either Detroit or retire...but it's Otis' fault he hasn't gotten him yet.

Finally, McDyess wouldn't really help this team. He'd be a slight upgrade over Battie with a very similar skill set.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

a lot of bad fans...i seriously doubt you were whining like a child last year when our 'jump shooting team' was headed to the 2nd rd of the playoffs. Now you're jumping ship after 7 games. Peace out, this team needs fans like you like it needs a sexual harassment suit.

Also, calling a team w/ dwight howard on it a jumpshooting team is beyond retarded. Learn the game of basketball, then try and make an intelligent commentary.

Intelligent???? Where did I once say anything about jump shooting????? I'm not talking X's and O's. I am talking bad contracts. Plain and simple.

Well, lets go down the line.

Dwight-Good contract

Rashard-bad contract

Hedo-good contract now (potential bad contract soon)

Pietrus-Good contract

Nelson-Bad contract now

Johnson-good contract

Bogans-good contract

JJ-bad contract in terms of production, not really a cap destroyer though

Battie-pretty neutral right now. seems like a bad contract some nights, other nights he outplays his 5.7 mil

Cook-Bad contract in terms of production, not really a cap destroyer

Foyle-good contract

Lee-good contract

Gortat-Good contract

Richardson-Good contract

Wilks-good cantract

I agree we have some bad contracts, but to say we have a roster full of them is false. Rashard's contract has been talked to death so i wont go there, but nelson (although a bad contract in terms of market value and production vs $$$) has a manageable contract and is a whole lot better than 1/2 of the knicks roster (Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Marbury, Richardson) a good portion of the Cavs roster (Snow, Szczerbiak, Wallace) and Raef LaFrentz

You did mean Foyle was a bad contract...didnt you? If we were paying him 4o cents per point made it would still be a bad contract. I know he is not paid much (by nba standards) but he is a waste of a roster spot with no ability to improve. If you like his contract you must have loved garrity's, acres and sassers deals too. Ditto for Johnson and Wilks.