Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

Lewis Unhappy With His Role in Magic Offense (Denton)

quote:

Because of his laid-back nature and willingness to fit in (almost to a fault sometimes), I think Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy should start games by calling post-up plays for Lewis. It could help jump-start him offensively and make sure he

quote:

Because of his laid-back nature and willingness to fit in (almost to a fault sometimes), I think Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy should start games by calling post-up plays for Lewis. It could help jump-start him offensively and make sure he

when Lewis has played aggressively, our offense has succeeded, when he fades, we fade...is Lewis the new X-Factor? I think so...he's an extremely talented offensive player, and he knows what to do with the ball...lately that seems to be more of an issue...I say let him dictate the offense, if his shot isnt falling and he cant create on his man, then we try and run it through Hedo & Meer solely...

Dwight>Shard>Hedo>Nelson>MP that's how the offensive order should go by default IMO...

Another article from Denton about threes not falling down:

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?categ...ategoryCurrentPage=0

A lot of things that confirms the unpleasant sensation that a lot of members of this forum have right now.

EDIT: MP has been very solid on offense until now.

And yes, Lewis words sounds like whining, but he's pointing out the right thing.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

when Lewis has played aggressively, our offense has succeeded, when he fades, we fade...is Lewis the new X-Factor? I think so...he's an extremely talented offensive player, and he knows what to do with the ball...lately that seems to be more of an issue...I say let him dictate the offense...

Dwight>Shard>Hedo>Nelson>MP that's how the offensive order should go by default IMO...

The X-factor of a team should never be a guy whose role is that of a scorer. That should fall to the playmaker, and current reality seems to be that the play of Jameer is usually the X-factor between a win and a loss.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

when Lewis has played aggressively, our offense has succeeded, when he fades, we fade...is Lewis the new X-Factor? I think so...he's an extremely talented offensive player, and he knows what to do with the ball...lately that seems to be more of an issue...I say let him dictate the offense...

The X-factor of a team should never be a guy whose role is that of a scorer. That should fall to the playmaker, and current reality seems to be that the play of Jameer is usually the X-factor between a win and a loss.

At this point, I'd almost say our X-factor is Dwight, and I think that second Denton article was off-target. At this point, Dwight almost has to overcome the rest of his own team to contribute late in games.

Side note: did anyone catch the game recap that said something to the effect of: "Howard had a disappointing second half, getting only 6 points and 7 rebounds." Um...the points I get, but isn't 7 rebounds in a half kind of, you know, awesome?

Not once in that exerpt did I see Lewis say he was unhappy about his role in the offense, he says he is upset at himself for taking threes.

Nothing like stirring the pot Mr.Denton.