Jareth Cutestory

[Schmitz] Kings have interest in Turkoglu

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

weren't there rumors last season that SAC offered us Miller, Garcia and someone else for Hedo?

That would be a heck of a deal considering the salary cap. I do not think there was every anything reported so to speak but there were rumors of a Artest/Hedo swap but just about every team the Kings deal with they try and pawn off Kenny Thomas.

There really seems to be no point to this report except one thing. I do not know if I am reading to much into this but I wonder if Otis is telling us "I am at least listening" where as before it was probably just a solid no.

well it worked salary wise, I dont remember who else Orlando was "giving up" but it worked...It was reported, I'm pretty sure that the SacBee or whatever it's called had it on their site, but I cant seem to find it...I know it was up there, whether it was a real deal or not, I dont know...but I am 100% positive it was a Hedo for Miller+Garcia deal of some nature...

isn't miller's contract something insane? on my previous post he's making 10 million this year, that's probably why they want to dump him, we can't make any real moves with that kind of space taken up under the salary cap.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

I don't want him gone at all - but moving Turk is a sad reality we have to face.

I'm starting to think no matter how sure we are Hedo is going to resign with us, we need to move him no matter what. If we resign Hedo next year, how do we fill the gaps we have in FA? The draft is good, but there is no guarantee with what you get. Hedo is the only player expendable on our squad that could net us something worthwhile. Thanks for the memories Turk, but we need you gone by the deadline for the better of the team.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

weren't there rumors last season that SAC offered us Miller, Garcia and someone else for Hedo?

That would be a heck of a deal considering the salary cap. I do not think there was every anything reported so to speak but there were rumors of a Artest/Hedo swap but just about every team the Kings deal with they try and pawn off Kenny Thomas.

There really seems to be no point to this report except one thing. I do not know if I am reading to much into this but I wonder if Otis is telling us "I am at least listening" where as before it was probably just a solid no.

well it worked salary wise, I dont remember who else Orlando was "giving up" but it worked...It was reported, I'm pretty sure that the SacBee or whatever it's called had it on their site, but I cant seem to find it...I know it was up there, whether it was a real deal or not, I dont know...but I am 100% positive it was a Hedo for Miller+Garcia deal of some nature...

isn't miller's contract something insane? on my previous post he's making 10 million this year, that's probably why they want to dump him, we can't make any real moves with that kind of space taken up under the salary cap.

I know this...but in going along with Otis' statement regarding "their trash", there were rumors of a trade like that earlier last season...although, Garcia I would take...

Even if it was, I doubt Otis would pull the trigger, and if he did it would probally be for another sf, or pg, heck we may even get a another sg out of the deal.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Beno Udrih and Shelden Williams are the only two players I'd be interested in.

I'm going to assume Udrih is not going to be traded since they just resigned him and view him as their PG of the future no? If we're talking about guys like that, you would have no interest in Thompson or Greene?

quote:

quote:
Picture of SmackDaddy

Thompson and Greene are rookies...so that means they would sit on the bench here in Orlando...

Greene would, but Thompson would be apart of Stan rotation.