Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

The "other 29 teams" thread.

Manu, what about Phoenix?

They were without Nash I think, so maybe it's difficult to judge them.

BTW, Beasley seem to be in trouble.

I've seen SA-Memphis yesterday, Mayo is a surprising scorer.

Everyone forget to mention the Spurs right now, but they will be in the race coming playoff time I believe. Duncan-Manu-Parker are always dangerous, and their role players are better than other years.

I've seen Phoenix-Utah yesterday, I was interested in both teams cause we're going to play both of them in the west trip, and I was curious to see the new look of the Suns.

And what I see is without a doubt the best match I've watch this season, between two solid and good teams.

I know, Phoenix is still finding a way to forget D'Antoni style, but they still have a lot of good pieces on the team and time will help them to adapt to the new coach.

Utah is suffering a lot of injuries in this early part of the season, but they're without a doubt a team that could go into the west Finals.

What about a Turkish swap?

Hedo for Okur is something I would like to see.

I know Okur defense is not very good, but Hedo isn't either... Okur is a legit PF, would allow Shard to play his natural position, without losing our perimeter system, cause he can hit threes (and big shots at the end of the game).

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I think entering the year the question was who would decline first Dallas or Phoenix. I think the answer to that question is clearly Dallas.

Beyond Dirk they have no one who can score consistently or anyone any other team is afraid of. They are in for a long season.

Dallas is not what they were...but beyond Dirk they 1...2...3 punch in Howard, Terry and Bass. Add to that the little giant in JJ Barea who is KILLING everybody even the creme of the creme Lakers with his fearless play. Phoenix would decline first.

Teams must start to do strategy on how to stop Barea, if not he will certainly kill you. At 5-11, he was guarding well Bell, Nash and EVEN box out Amare for a reb. Yesterday, Bibby and Johnson did hit some trey at the end, but they had their faces covered with Barea hands, yes a 5-11 with the hand in Joe Johnson face (a 6-6 or 6-7guard).

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo fan:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I think entering the year the question was who would decline first Dallas or Phoenix. I think the answer to that question is clearly Dallas.

Beyond Dirk they have no one who can score consistently or anyone any other team is afraid of. They are in for a long season.

Dallas is not what they were...but beyond Dirk they 1...2...3 punch in Howard, Terry and Bass. Add to that the little giant in JJ Barea who is KILLING everybody even the creme of the creme Lakers with his fearless play. Phoenix would decline first.

Teams must start to do strategy on how to stop Barea, if not he will certainly kill you. At 5-11, he was guarding well Bell, Nash and EVEN box out Amare for a reb. Yesterday, Bibby and Johnson did hit some trey at the end, but they had their faces covered with Barea hands, yes a 5-11 with the hand in Joe Johnson face (a 6-6 or 6-7guard).

the exodus begins? from orlando to dallas? magic winning,jameer playing well and now healthy, less posts???. now barea the next thing?? one could only hope. GO MAGIC

quote:
Originally posted by EricShawn:

the exodus begins? from orlando to dallas? magic winning,jameer playing well and now healthy, less posts???. now barea the next thing?? one could only hope. GO MAGIC

Please don't convert this thread in another racial war. Thank you.

Yesterday I saw the final quarter and overtime of Indiana-Boston and I've to say that the Pacers crowd was really awful. The arena was full, their team was making a great effort against the NBA champs, and in overtime there was a surreal silence.

What happens to the NBA attendance this year?

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by EricShawn:

Please don't convert this thread in another racial war. Thank you.

Yesterday I saw the final quarter and overtime of Indiana-Boston and I've to say that the Pacers crowd was really awful. The arena was full, their team was making a great effort against the NBA champs, and in overtime there was a surreal silence.

What happens to the NBA attendance this year?

they are so iced. maybe they don

Somebody seriously needs to beat the living eyes out of the Celtics before the Orlando Magic have to do it themselves. There horse is so high, its head is getting sucked into a black hole in a alternate negative universe.

Looking at the standings, in the East almost every team (with Washington maybe being the lone exception) have still a shot to the playoffs. From Detorit @5 and Charlotte @15 there're only a 6 games difference.

In the West, right now there're 9 teams fighting for the 8 playoffs berths, and 6 teams already interested in the 2009 draft.

In the East, Miami, NJ and Milwaukee are the suprises IMO, particulary the last one.

Skiles is doing a great job and they've faced a lot of injuries. I could see a good future for them.

On the other side, I'm surprised that no teams seem to be able to follow the Lakers, altough injuries played a big role too (Utah, SA, NO)

It will be interesting to see which one of the 9 teams is going out of the playoffs, considering that Dallas and SA are back after a rough start (right now Utah would be out, enough said)