Sign in to follow this  
Simon Gavaskar

5 Card Monty

Trying to get the hang of this one, my 12-year old son Salaam thought it would be a good addition to my magic repertoire (I am an amateur magician) google searched this magic forii and here I am, any pointers? Don't dally please, I'm using the free internet at the Jakarta airport lounge and sometimes the guards get a bit cross.

Regards,

- Roger.

Trying to get the hang of this one, my 12-year old son Salaam thought it would be a good addition to my magic repertoire (I am an amateur magician) google searched this magic forii and here I am, any pointers? Don't dally please, I'm using the free internet at the Jakarta airport lounge and sometimes the guards get a bit cross.

Regards,

- Roger.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

I liked the trick where a single small forward was selected, and all the Magic's money disappeared.

Confusing stuff. Sounds a bit advanced for me. I'm just a beginner. Were they selected randomly from a crowd at a mall? Or craftily pre-arranged to be selected?

Magic money? Salaam hasn't told me about this. I had a belittling enough time with the taking the "marked deck" malarkie a bit too literally. Salaam almost relieved himself in his trousers when I showed him that one.

Back on topic please. 5-Card Monty. How does it go again?

This is the best unintentional comedy I have ever read.

Have you tried the Houdini? How about the Blumpkin? I always seem to get a good reaction from crowds when I perform this. I would stay away from 5-card monty if I were you.

Stick with the classics.

I am embarrassed to report to the Forii Generalis that last night, after indulging in a good one and one thirds of a flaggon of loquat sherry with my good friend Javed, I hastily googled "magic forii" and rushed in to this forum labouring under the illusion this was a Magic forii. If Kampahlaa finds out about this, I fear for my dowry.

Is Houdini a card manoeuvre named after its namesake? The Blumpkin? Salaam gave me a preciptiously blank look when I mentioned this "Blumpkin" to him.

Regards,

- Simon

This time we are going to make it after all!

quote:
Originally posted by Simon Gavaskar:

I am embarrassed to report to the Forii Generalis that last night, after indulging in a good one and one thirds of a flaggon of loquat sherry with my good friend Javed, I hastily googled "magic forii" and rushed in to this forum labouring under the illusion this was a Magic forii. If Kampahlaa finds out about this, I fear for my dowry.

Is Houdini a card manoeuvre named after its namesake? The Blumpkin? Salaam gave me a preciptiously blank look when I mentioned this "Blumpkin" to him.

Regards,

- Simon

This time we are going to make it after all!

Yes the Houdini is named after the great one, and the Blumpkin is named after Howard J. Blumpkin, the man who invented toilet paper.