Sign in to follow this  
obamanation

THE OFFICIAL TRADE TURKOGLU IDEAS THREAD

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

You guys are stupid. We are going to resign turk, he is having a slow start, he is still our man. I love him, and just imagine how good we'll be once he starts coming around.

Hedo is good but we do have other needs on the team.We do need to get Howard some talented help in the front court,come playoff time.

Yeah..lets trade a guy so we can get a guy that one of our star players *cough* Lewis *cough* said that we should try hard to keep. Lose Turk..you lose 5 seasons of the best Chemistry with D12. You gain what you can only "hope" to gain.

i'm torn on this issue

part of me says we have an above average team with him here and with the progression that dwight is making there is a chance we will be elite in the east in a few years with the core we have now.

The other part says it's stupid to have two out of our three best players both being natural SFs and we should use turk to bring in some pieces that we need.

Ok, I think I have the solution.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...19~22~19~3&te=&cash=

All three teams come out a winner.

New Orleans needs shooters and help at the 2/3 and get it in JJ and Travis Outlaw.

Portland gets the added scoring in Hedo and another talent to add to their young core in Wright.

We get a starting power forward in Frye and a good backup point in James who has good career numbers. (We also get expiring contracts, so we reup if we want or sending them packing and free up money for free agents)

The knicks have moved D.Lee to the bench this is the perfect oppertunity to go after Lee. We would have to take back a bad contract but its worth it bc we really can't afford to call the shots at this point. If we can get a player that comes off the books when battie does then we would be set and could make a strong push for Bosh or someone of that caliber in 2010.Turk/JJ/Cook for Lee/Richarson or Rose

This was on Bulls.com by Sam Smith-

One interesting name that comes up these days in trade is Oklahoma City's Earl Watson, a tough guy who really is a good backup. I probably wouldn't go that way as he likely wouldn't be happy behind Rose, and is the kind of player who could be intimidating. Also, Memphis still has four point guards on the roster, though the only ones I'd care about would take too much time from Rose. Though Oklahoma City makes you think about possibilities. They are burying veterans like Watson, Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith and don't seem to have a great amount of use for Nick Collison. GM's say you could get any of them, and I've always been a little intrigued by Wilcox and Collison.

Sorry no link, I got it through hoopshype.com. I don't know if they would have any interest in Turk but they may be interested in picks + some combo. If we are not looking at Nick Collison, we need to have our heads checked.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

If Otis is not looking at Nick Collison, he needs to have his head checked.

Corrected.

Any questions?

Well, I didn't want to point any fingers but...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

If Otis is not looking at Nick Collison, he needs to have his head checked.

Corrected.

Any questions?

Well, I didn't want to point any fingers but...

I'll go ahead and order the catscan.