Sign in to follow this  
MagicManMatt13

3rd String PG...easy decision

quote:
Originally posted by MagicManMatt13:

Darrell Armstrong. He could be had for the minimum, provide leadership and energy. Plus it would be a great PR move to get back a fan favorite.

How exactly is a 73 year old man going to provide "energy"?

It would be great to get DA in and have him retired here...but the guy is 40...that's one of the main reasons why he's still at home...While he does sill provide a big amount of energy off the bench, I think Otis is looking for that young spark plug...maybe if we had less of a gap to fill without such limited room...

Let's see if we could get John Stockton signed to a 10 day contract while we're at it.

But really, DA is not what we need at this point. We need a younger, athletic PG to come off the bench in case of an emergency.

I'm 51 and still provide spark and energy off the bench in the 18 & up league I play in!

DA would be a great locker room presence and an excellent teacher for Meer.

Some of you may remember he cost us a game last year bringing his energy, defense, and shooting off the bench!

DA has never stopped being a player in Orlando community service... and yes, he deserves to retire here!

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

John Lucus Jr

I was going to mention him the other day after reading that he was waived, but opted not to because I didnt feel that yet another thread about a waived PG was worth it...he's a young spark plug, was a big time scorer and pretty clutch in college...not sure if he is what Otis wants or not...

also, not to correct you, but it's John Lucas III, not Jr icon_smile.gif...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

John Lucus Jr

I was going to mention him the other day after reading that he was waived, but opted not to because I didnt feel that yet another thread about a waived PG was worth it...he's a young spark plug, was a big time scorer and pretty clutch in college...not sure if he is what Otis wants or not...

also, it's John Lucas III, not Jr...

Dwight is pretty good friend with Lucus too.

quote:

quote:

quote:

John Lucus Jr

really? I didnt know that...well, Lucas isnt anything special NBA wise, a step below Wilks IMO, but the waiver waters are shallow so...he might be the guy...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

John Lucus Jr

really? I didnt know that...well, Lucas isnt anything special NBA wise, a step below Wilks IMO, but the waiver waters are shallow so...he might be the guy...

Yeah. Dwight, J.R. Smith, and Lucus all ran a basketball camp together in Jersey the year they were drafted.