Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Breaking News: The Pistons trade Billups and McDyess to the Nuggets for Iverson.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

No more Billups?! I'm so happy.

Stuckey was the one who killed us last year in the playoff.

stucky never "killed" us at all. he scored in double figures twice and never scored over 20 ppg. When he did score 19, he shot 38.5%. He also doesnt have a 3 point shot. Hamilton killed us.

Agree.

Jameer is not perfect by any means, but he had really step up in playoffs and I don't really think that he was the cause of any of our losses.

Rip, turnovers, rebounding and a crazy Hedo in key moments were the keys.

I like this move in short term for us.

Long term, we'll see, they have more flexibility for sure, but money to spend doesn't always mean future success.

***COUGH*** G-Hill & T-Mac ***COUGH***

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

stucky never "killed" us at all. he scored in double figures twice and never scored over 20 ppg. When he did score 19, he shot 38.5%. He also doesnt have a 3 point shot. Hamilton killed us.

And that was the two games he started against us, so what does that tell you.

Chauncey is such a nightmare because of how he runs the offense and hits timely shots while defending, not because he puts up a lot of points.

Chauncey lost his step a bit, he always played great basketball against us, because we never had anybody that can guard him, but Rondo put a stop to him in the ECF last year.

But it's still a win/win trade for both teams, because Iverson becomes the go-to scorer Dumars desires and Billups provides Denver the steady hand for a team looking to rebuild.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wrong again. his 19 point performance was the game billups got injured. In that game he shot 38.5%. We won that game by 25.

His first start against us he went 2-7 had 6 points and 5 fouls.

the final game in the series he had 15 points and 6 assists but in no way does that statline have the same impact as hamiltons 31 points and 4 steals.

Therefore, you are wrong.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wrong again. his 19 point performance was the game billups got injured. In that game he shot 38.5%. We won that game by 25.

the final game in the series he had 15 points and 6 assists but in no way does that statline have the same impact as hamiltons 31 points and 4 steals.

Reality has a distinct bias. You should focus on the truthiness, and not the truth.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Reality has a distinct bias. You should focus on the truthiness, and not the truth.

and you should practice what you preach my brother.

Detroit is done as far as winning a championship this year.. Smack's right that this is a great move for the long term of the Pistons, but not so much for this year. Iverson's a great player, but he's a shooting guard in a point guard's body. There's no way he keeps everyone involved like Chauncey has up there. Not to mention losing McDyess hurts their big man depth, now there's a heck of a lot more pressure on Jason Maxiell, who's play is streaky, and Amir Johnson. Also someone's gonna take a back seat.. will it continue to be Stuckey, or will it be Richard Hamilton?

I really see Detroit taking a step back this season, but benefiting in the long term.. and by long term I mean as soon as just next season. More Sportscenter highlights and at least a few less wins.

Basically, there's every reason to cautiously celebrate in Boston, Orlando, and Cleveland.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Detroit is done as far as winning a championship this year.. Smack's right that this is a great move for the long term of the Pistons, but not so much for this year. Iverson's a great player, but he's a shooting guard in a point guard's body. There's no way he keeps everyone involved like Chauncey has up there. Not to mention losing McDyess hurts their big man depth, now there's a heck of a lot more pressure on Jason Maxiell, who's play is streaky, and Amir Johnson. Also someone's gonna take a back seat.. will it continue to be Stuckey, or will it be Richard Hamilton?

I really see Detroit taking a step back this season, but benefiting in the long term.. and by long term I mean as soon as just next season. More Sportscenter highlights and at least a few less wins.

Basically, there's every reason to cautiously celebrate in Boston, Orlando, and Cleveland.

What is there for us celebrate, AI is still capable of dropping 25 points and 7 assists a night. I say teams should hold the celebration until June.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I hear Juwan Howard is being waived by the Nuggets. I guess they are going to keep Dice then.

from rotoworld.com

The Nuggets waived F Juwan Howard on Monday.

He was waived to make room for Antonio McDyess, who will probably never play for the Nuggets. So don't be surprised to see Howard work his way back onto the Nuggets roster at some point this season.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

What is there for us celebrate, AI is still capable of dropping 25 points and 7 assists a night. I say teams should hold the celebration until June.

What is there to celebrate?

You don't really think A.I. is half the floor general Billups is, do you? A.I. may get his 25 and 7, but what about the rest of that team? Not to mention he's a weaker defender than Billups as well.

And what's the sense of cutting Juwan Howard if McDyess isn't gonna play for them? I'll make a semi-bold prediction that McDyess stays on that roster and more importantly, becomes a part of Denver's rotation.