Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Breaking News: The Pistons trade Billups and McDyess to the Nuggets for Iverson.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I agree completely but don't you agree that Sheed and Chauncey bring some else to the table other than just their x's and o's? I don't even know how to describe it but it seems like when those guys are on the floor the plays that could go either way always seem to go the Pistons' way. I have no doubt Stuckey can run that team but I would have bet the farm that Chauncey would hit a 3 if we were up by 1 with 10seconds left. Sheed was dangerous because he could play D anywhere on the court, shoot the 3 and score at will in the post (when he felt like it). They will be a good team and compete but I don't dread seeing them without those guys.

This deal wasn't made to make them scary this year. It's the following year when we wera all thinking that the Magic would have a monopoly on Championship contention in the East where Detroit could prove to be scary.

Stucky, Rip, Tayshaun, Aflalo/Maxiell and Sheed/Brown could prove to be a very challenging starting lineup for a lot of teams to matchup against this year (toss in AI here also). Then next year, you add another draft class for them to work with, and you give them access to Joe Johnson, Al Harrington, Tracy McGrady, Luis Scola, Travis Outlaw, Kobe Bryant, Okur, Hedo, Boozer, etc.

Heck, they could grab two of the guys off that list, or they could grab one guy, and wait until the following season to grab one of the big names from the 2010 free agent class.

All of a sudden, the perceived Magic's future dominance of the East has vanished in one year's worth of rebuilding where the Pistons are probably still a threat to go deep in the playoffs.

That is assuming Sheed decides to stay, he may very well decide to go somewhere else next offseason. I don't see Dumars breaking the bank to keep him if he truly is going for a youth movement here.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

That is assuming Sheed decides to stay, he may very well decide to go somewhere else next offseason. I don't see Dumars breaking the bank to keep him if he truly is going for a youth movement here.

Clarification:

I only mentioned Sheed as part of this year's squad. Obviously if Detroit was to have 30 mil in cap space, they would not be retaining Sheed.

Im so excited now! this trade was the best thing that could have happend for orlando. I feal that nelson can do a better job on iverson than billups....not to mention that it will take alot of time for iverson to completely fit in there. Im not affraid of the pistons now in the playoffs, i think we have a 80% chance of beating them now as the rosters are set. Mcdyce was a nightmare for howard and often got howard frustraited. This is such great news!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

No more Billups?! I'm so happy.

Stuckey was the one who killed us last year in the playoff.

stucky never "killed" us at all. he scored in double figures twice and never scored over 20 ppg. When he did score 19, he shot 38.5%. He also doesnt have a 3 point shot. Hamilton killed us.

quote:

quote:

People are severely overrating Stuckey's play against us. He improved as they went on to the ECF, but by no means did he "abuse" us or "kill" us.

I think this could be it for Detroit's elite championship window. I don't see Rip reacting favorably at all to this trade. Chauncey was his running mate, and with an unquestioned shoot-first PG like Iverson on the team, he shouldn't get the same looks as before. Not only that, but Dice is gone? That's one less offensive-rebounding beast to worry about.

Maybe it's because I fear Chauncey to the utmost extent. I'm never at more unease than when he has the ball during the closing moments.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

stucky never "killed" us at all. he scored in double figures twice and never scored over 20 ppg. When he did score 19, he shot 38.5%. He also doesnt have a 3 point shot. Hamilton killed us.

And that was the two games he started against us, so what does that tell you.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

And that was the two games he started against us, so what does that tell you.

Chauncey is such a nightmare because of how he runs the offense and hits timely shots while defending, not because he puts up a lot of points.