Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Set Them Free:Magic and Grizzlies (Kyler)

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

how about waiting for 30 minutes to jump on a computer to play Oregon Trail son...

Oregon trail holds the worldwide reputation as being the only educational game that didn't suck. In fact, it was fantastic.

Mario teaches typing? The horror!

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

how about waiting for 30 minutes to jump on a computer to play Oregon Trail son...

Oregon trail holds the worldwide reputation as being the only educational game that didn't suck. In fact, it was fantastic.

Mario teaches typing? The horror!

It doesn't matter how sick the kids are or how high the river is....I am fording it. I'm also slaughtering every animal to the verge of extinction.

Yeahhh. Mario teaches typing sucked terribly(sp?)(I took the ACT today, so my brain's fried). There was one game..."Amazon Trail" or something like that I remember, but I hated it because I always died of Malaria. Back on Reading Rainbow, that was before my time, so I've really never heard of it.

quote:
Originally posted by elephant27:

Yeahhh. Mario teaches typing sucked terribly(sp?)(I took the ACT today, so my brain's fried). There was one game..."Amazon Trail" or something like that I remember, but I hated it because I always died of Malaria. Back on Reading Rainbow, that was before my time, so I've really never heard of it.

You had to have heard of it, it continued on to the late 90s.

Oh man, I used to love reading as a kid and there was always different programs going on to make kids want to read, and when I see it today there's almost nothing in the media as far as encouraging reading. Remember the Reading is FUNdamental commercials?

I liked the Mario typing thing...Carmen Sandiego computer game was cool. Come to think of it there were quite a few of the educational computer games that I played. I remember at my school, someone put a game I. The computer called Barney Kill and the point was to shoot all the Barneys before they took over the world.