Sign in to follow this  
Rodriguez

Van Gundy Challenges PG Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

There are some valid, and solid points made in this thread... at the same time, there are tired old comments made by some, reminiscent of the old Carlos VS. Jammer threads. Posts that tend to take one sentence from a story, or one small comment, and extrapolate a point that is completely off base with the rest of the article and or meaning behind the original words.

Does Jameer need to find a certain level of intensity about his game on a nightly basis? Certainly, and until he does, he will not be playing up to his skill level. Jameer is not one of those guys that can coast at half speed and get by well enough to be productive. He has some physical limitations (height), and skill limitations that make his 'half speed' game ineffective. He does a decent job of making up for these limitations with effort and aggressiveness at times. Lets hope that he finds a way to make this the norm.

I second that... maybe they're finding difficulty mingling in the Maccabi Tel Aviv message board. Does that team even have a message board?

Okay echo4papa, based on CarlosDarwin's post, I see you point. That basically that Carlos or no Carlos, the Jameer haters remain.

But I'm starting to come around on Anthony Johnson. I also believe that Jameer (and Turk for that matter) are half-speeding it because it's simply preseason. But if this stuff continues into the regular season....

We may be entering a Jameer v. A.J. era. I'm just sayin'. But it's all in Jameer's hands, so to speak. If he plays like anything close to that Toronto series, there won't be any controversy. At least not among rational thinkers, anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:

There are some valid, and solid points made in this thread... at the same time, there are tired old comments made by some, reminiscent of the old Carlos VS. Jammer threads. Posts that tend to take one sentence from a story, or one small comment, and extrapolate a point that is completely off base with the rest of the article and or meaning behind the original words.

Does Jameer need to find a certain level of intensity about his game on a nightly basis? Certainly, and until he does, he will not be playing up to his skill level. Jameer is not one of those guys that can coast at half speed and get by well enough to be productive. He has some physical limitations (height), and skill limitations that make his 'half speed' game ineffective. He does a decent job of making up for these limitations with effort and aggressiveness at times. Lets hope that he finds a way to make this the norm.

I second that... maybe they're finding difficulty mingling in the Maccabi Tel Aviv message board. Does that team even have a message board?

I sense a bit of paranoia here. Do you remember who wrote the article and who made the comments. Most comments in this post have been by pretty good magic fans who have the right to comment on the article. If Stan is not happy with jameer is it unusual for some fans not to share his concerns? Has the name of Arroyo been thrown around here to justify your out of touch comments? Is this what you expect from Jameer the rest of the year to make you satisfied? Is any criticism of jameer from now on a vendetta for Arroyo? Take that chip of your shoulder.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Okay echo4papa, based on CarlosDarwin's post, I see you point. That basically that Carlos or no Carlos, the Jameer haters remain.

But I'm starting to come around on Anthony Johnson. I also believe that Jameer (and Turk for that matter) are half-speeding it because it's simply preseason. But if this stuff continues into the regular season....

We may be entering a Jameer v. A.J. era. I'm just sayin'. But it's all in Jameer's hands, so to speak. If he plays like anything close to that Toronto series, there won't be any controversy. At least not among rational thinkers, anyway.

How can you see his point when CD was reacting to his uncalled for criticism of an otherwise rational discussion? I find this abit of baiting? Dont you?

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

How can you see his point when CD was reacting to his uncalled for criticism of an otherwise rational discussion? I find this abit of baiting? Dont you?

I was more reacting to CD's viewpoint that Jameer's not facing any real competition at point guard now.

I say, with how Anthony Johnson's looked, it's a little too soon to make that conclusion.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I sense a bit of paranoia here. Do you remember who wrote the article and who made the comments. Most comments in this post have been by pretty good magic fans who have the right to comment on the article. If Stan is not happy with jameer is it unusual for some fans not to share his concerns? Has the name of Arroyo been thrown around here to justify your out of touch comments? Is this what you expect from Jameer the rest of the year to make you satisfied? Is any criticism of jameer from now on a vendetta for Arroyo? Take that chip of your shoulder.

If you pulled your head out of your rectum long enough to read my entire post, you would see that I too, was critical of Jameer and his play. There is a difference between being critical and overanalyzing single sentences in an effort to support your point.

Several times during the past season, certain posters would cling to a single sentence out of a story, misinterpreting, or misrepresenting the idea of the article to support their own ideas and desires.

Clearly, that is still a common practice.

Maybe it's all about reading comprehension, or lack there of...

Funny how SVG can be critical of one players performance and it's all about motivation, but he can't be critical of another without it being some public outcry against Otis and calling for a new PG?

quote:

I think AJ is going to be a GREAT back up. he seems solid, doesn't try to play out of his talents, runs the offense... I like what I have seen so far.

quote:
Originally posted by Ibonedteribell:

Actually, it was pretty much in response to the following rediculous post.

quote:
Originally posted by serviviente:

Coach has to be fuming with Nelson to throw his captain under the bus. It is nothing new. I am convinced that it is what it is. Otis has overated Nelson all along. He is at best a good backup on a very good team. It has been 4 years people, 4 years of this kind of inconsistancies. The magic will suffer greatly without Dooling and Los. That is sad.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you pulled your head out of your rectum long enough to read my entire post, you would see that I too, was critical of Jameer and his play. There is a difference between being critical and overanalyzing single sentences in an effort to support your point.

That is pretty good advice Ibone. It must get terribly hot and stuffy in there.

quote:

I think AJ is going to be a GREAT back up. he seems solid, doesn't try to play out of his talents, runs the offense... I like what I have seen so far.

Until know it seems to be, and I really hope he'll keep it up for all the season.

He has the defensive abilities and the size of Dooling, and seems to be a good distributor in the offensive end.

And he's more experienced of the two backups that we gave away this summer.

So I consider him a really strong competitor for Jameer.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:

Until know it seems to be, and I really hope he'll keep it up for all the season.

He has the defensive abilities and the size of Dooling, and seems to be a good distributor in the offensive end.

And he's more experienced of the two backups that we gave away this summer.

So I consider him a really strong competitor for Jameer.

Guys doesn