Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Orlando Magic @ Charlotte Bobcats 10/16/2008

quote:
Originally posted by zerp:

Orlando can't win a championship with Jameer at PG.

Gortat is a solid back up for Dwight.

lol Even a casual fan from Belgium is smarter than the typical Orlandomagic.com fan

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:
Nelson is noticeably better than Blake or Rodriguez

Noticeably for who???

There are a lot of potential answers to this. I'll give you two:

1. People who have actually watched Blake and Rodriguez play. Blake is an absolute pauper's Mark Price, and Rodriguez is a solid, if unremarkable, backup guard. Jameer might be bottom half of the league's starting point guards, but he's still a starting caliber point.

2. People who recognize that an inside-outside offense doesn't lend itself to high assist totals for point guards, thereby negating the basic assumption people make where "PGs must have high assist totals to be good." The same holds true for spread offenses and offenses that don't penetrate. Amazingly, we run an offense that oscillates between the 3, so it should shock no one that no player on the team averaged more than 5.5 assists last year. And before you tell me how pathetic that is for Jameer, look up the name "Walt Frazier'.

Alright smart guy, give me three teams other then the Warriors and Blazers, that Nelson can start for. Jameer wouldn't even be the 6th man on most teams in the league.

Definitely: Heat, Knicks, Nets, Oklahoma Bennetts, Sacramento

Probably: Timberwolves, Celtics, Bucks

Possibly: Bobcats(depending how much you think of Felton), Hawks, Lakers

You excluded them for whatever reason, but GS and Portland would fall in definitely.

Just the fact some of you are desperately trying to find a team where Jameer would start at PG says it all

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:
Nelson is noticeably better than Blake or Rodriguez

Noticeably for who???

There are a lot of potential answers to this. I'll give you two:

1. People who have actually watched Blake and Rodriguez play. Blake is an absolute pauper's Mark Price, and Rodriguez is a solid, if unremarkable, backup guard. Jameer might be bottom half of the league's starting point guards, but he's still a starting caliber point.

2. People who recognize that an inside-outside offense doesn't lend itself to high assist totals for point guards, thereby negating the basic assumption people make where "PGs must have high assist totals to be good." The same holds true for spread offenses and offenses that don't penetrate. Amazingly, we run an offense that oscillates between the 3, so it should shock no one that no player on the team averaged more than 5.5 assists last year. And before you tell me how pathetic that is for Jameer, look up the name "Walt Frazier'.

Alright smart guy, give me three teams other then the Warriors and Blazers, that Nelson can start for. Jameer wouldn't even be the 6th man on most teams in the league.

Definitely: Heat, Knicks, Nets, Oklahoma Bennetts, Sacramento

Probably: Timberwolves, Celtics, Bucks

Possibly: Bobcats(depending how much you think of Felton), Hawks, Lakers

You excluded them for whatever reason, but GS and Portland would fall in definitely.

Just the fact some of you are desperately trying to find a team where Jameer would start at PG says it all

Desperately? He asked me a question, and I answered it.