Sign in to follow this  
Rodriguez

Stock up and Down

Skywise316, I would like that you reconsider it and make again this year the Stock up/down. Last year you did an outstanding job, Why stop now? I now that it is a hard work but who know may be you will ending having your own section in the Magic Web site.

Who support this request?

Skywise316, I would like that you reconsider it and make again this year the Stock up/down. Last year you did an outstanding job, Why stop now? I now that it is a hard work but who know may be you will ending having your own section in the Magic Web site.

Who support this request?

He said it was taking too much time to really do, but even if he did a game every once and a while I'd be happy with that. Always a good read last season.

What if it was a weekly stock up and down?

I'll be honest, since I don't live in Orlando and can't see many games, I would often come and read his stock up and down to see how each player did. A boxscore can only tell so much.

How about every 7 games? Divide the season into 7 game series and that way we can get a good idea of how players are performing in stretches? Just a thought.

i agree with the sentiment that our own board members often times offer more insightful ineresting reads on the team than the local and national beatwriters. id love to have a weekly or per game analysis of w3hos up and down, be it skywise or any other board member willing o take on the task.

Sky I'm gonna miss them...

I felt they completed my game threads.

but I can understand the time thing in fact I think I might join you and back off the game threads.

it would be nyce to see one every once in a while tho.

Hey everyone...

I'm really honored by this thread, I hadn't realized what I did last season had such a positive impact, especially on fans who might not live in the area.

Some positive things happened for me this past year or so, like finally getting my own computer that I don't share with anyone, which helps a great deal in this whole Brighthouse/FSN fiasco. It's nice to watch a Magic game on the comp whenever you want/need to. Also this summer I improved my finances a great deal, so I shouldn't have any internet interruptions like I did in the middle of last season.

I think I'd be in favor of doing it once a week, or every game with a little less detail on my part.... to write them the way I wanted to they usually took 30-45 minutes to type out and that's a bit much over the course of a season, but I'd be in favor of SU/SDs that took something like 15-20 minutes to write instead. Either way I think I'd do it for the regular season.. preseason games are pretty self-explanatory I think.

So tell me what you guys think.. semi-detailed Stock Up/Stock Downs after every game, or long & detailed Stock Up Stock Downs once a week?

I actually like the idea of semi-detailed Stock up/downs after every game Sky.

Everybody's memory of the game will be fresh and I feel that can be an advantage for further discussions amongst us.

Unless, of course, you mean a REALLY long and detailed weekly update as opposed to just merging the smaller semi-detailed ones into... uhm, one stock up/down.