Sign in to follow this  
D-Guy

Who would you keep?

Just an idea from reading the boards and I noticed alot of people see the magic's roster as fundamentally flawed, which I agree. So it got me thinking, who would you guys keep, let go, like to see, etc.?

For me the keepers are:

Howard obviously

Hill if he wants to come back

Turkalou(spelling and I know some people hate him but as long as he doesn't want huge money I'd keep him)

Dooling, I really like dooling, I wished he got even more time

Ariza, if anyone on the team deserves heart and hustle it's ariza

arroyo, easily a better replacement for nelson

diener because he has potential to be really good

bo outlaw, just because he's bo and he's 6 good fouls whenever you need him

Neutral:

bogans

redick, I'd rather have diener since redick is still too iffy on d for my taste

Get rid of:

Battie, he's good but we can get a better center

millicic, he hasn't proved himself anywhere, granted he hasn't had the best opportunities but he'll want big money to stick around

nelson, plays like a sg but unfortunately he has the height of a pointguard and the shot discression of allen iverson sans talent

Would like to get:

Another solid big man, doesn't have to be particularly talent, just a solid defender

a true sg, VC maybe?

another forward

darrell armstrong, because why the hell not? we all love him and would love to see him and bo(even if it was only on the bench) again

I'm sure there are way more knowledgable people on here and differeing opinions so I'd like to hear it. If this topic has been done before I appologize ahead of time since I'm new to the boards.

Just an idea from reading the boards and I noticed alot of people see the magic's roster as fundamentally flawed, which I agree. So it got me thinking, who would you guys keep, let go, like to see, etc.?

For me the keepers are:

Howard obviously

Hill if he wants to come back

Turkalou(spelling and I know some people hate him but as long as he doesn't want huge money I'd keep him)

Dooling, I really like dooling, I wished he got even more time

Ariza, if anyone on the team deserves heart and hustle it's ariza

arroyo, easily a better replacement for nelson

diener because he has potential to be really good

bo outlaw, just because he's bo and he's 6 good fouls whenever you need him

Neutral:

bogans

redick, I'd rather have diener since redick is still too iffy on d for my taste

Get rid of:

Battie, he's good but we can get a better center

millicic, he hasn't proved himself anywhere, granted he hasn't had the best opportunities but he'll want big money to stick around

nelson, plays like a sg but unfortunately he has the height of a pointguard and the shot discression of allen iverson sans talent

Would like to get:

Another solid big man, doesn't have to be particularly talent, just a solid defender

a true sg, VC maybe?

another forward

darrell armstrong, because why the hell not? we all love him and would love to see him and bo(even if it was only on the bench) again

I'm sure there are way more knowledgable people on here and differeing opinions so I'd like to hear it. If this topic has been done before I appologize ahead of time since I'm new to the boards.

I've been thinking about Darrell Armstrong a lot recently.

If he's still playing next year, he'd make a great 3rd PG for us, maybe spot backup minutes. I'm assuming that we're not bringing Diener back.

If he's retired, then it's well known he wants to go into coaching. If that's the case, then why not with the Magic?

I'd love to have his presence back in the locker room again. Let's face it, sometimes Carlos and Jameer need a good thwap upside the back of the head.

Darrell is just the guy to do it.

P.S. The more time passes... the more I think Darko is just going to blow up into a monster of Dirk Nowitski proportions. Yeah, I said it.

It's just a matter of whether he'll be in a Magic uniform or not.

Retain:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turk

Trevor Ariza

Keyon Dooling

Travis Diener

Darko Milicic

Tony Battie

JJ Redick

Keith Bogans

Jameer Nelson

----------------------------------

Neutral:

Either Jameer or Carlos

Unfortunately Pat will be retained

Bo Outlaw

----------------------------------

Farewell:

Bo Outlaw

Grant Hill

I mentioned either Jameer/Carlos. Jameer I would prefer but I've been more than disappointed with Jameer on both attitude and as a player this year. For a guy who is implemented into a leadership category, he showed arrogance and for me a lack of desire and respect on to many occasions. I think we're a mess at the point guard position and it was that position in pre season which instilled so much faith.

I'm sick of seeing Pat taking up roster spots. I don't hate on the guy and he has earnt his position through out his time in the league, but this guy just doesn't equate to what an NBA player is today. Not even close and thats not just based on athleticism.

Farewell to both Bo and Grant and welcome to the bench. I would love to retain these guys in some kind of role. Bo may be an exception to keep on playing but if there is one move that has to be made it is that, where we say farewell to Grant. The longer this team goes on with him in a Magic jersey the further we are set back. It has been tried and tested and hasn't worked. He is still dependable in the mind but on production I fail to see. He has been great on occasion, but great on occasion is not what this team is after. It has to take that step forward and that is without Hill. It must make a move in the off season to bring in a player who is expected to be a force and play 82 games, whether he does or doesn't, will remain to be seen. The only thing I know is the longer Hill is around the longer we are planted on the back foot.

Welcome to Orlando:

Andres Nocioni

Marcin Gortat

A Big - Medvedenko

---------------------------

Low chance wish list: Luke Ridnour/Chauncey Billups/Rashard Lewis/Wallace

I have my theories on how the off season will pan out with the free agents. This is based on the status of there teams. I'm convinced Lewis is on the move and will head to Portland and be reunited with Nate McMillan, if not I'd love him here. If he were to be retained it is said that one of the two Seattle guards will be available and I'd take it Ridnour is that guy, boy oh boy, would I love for this to happen. Give Ridnour a big to play with and than we'll see the real Luke. Chauncey, well I've been Chau Chau Chauin for a while now and the coal is still burning. Wallace is on the same train.

Now for the more feasible options. Nocioni no doubt is my pick of the bunch. This team in my eyes is soft and a tough/nuggety player in Nocioni is more of what this team needs. He will suit the ball we are playing and when we do get a new coach he'll be able to adapt, cause he's just that bloody good. Let this man loose from Chicago, away from Deng and Gordon and we'll see the real Nocioni and it will look bloody good in a Magic Uniform.

Marcin Gortat, well this better become a reality this year. Darko injured right now is an insight to the depth of this team at this position. In saying and to finish off Medvedenko or a Scot Pollard would be a warm welcome.

I WOULD KEEP D12,ARIZA,JJ,TURK,DARKO,ARROYO AND DOOLING.I THINK THOSE ARE THE PLAYERS THAT SHOULD STAY . THEN WE CAN MAKE GOOD DEALS WITH OTHER TEAMS GIVING GHILL-JAMEER-BATTIE PACKAGES OR SOMETHING LIKE GIVING BO TO THE LAKERS FOR L ODOM. THE LAST WAS A JOKE. HAHAHAHA PD.I CANT WAIT TO SEE KBERTO POST ABOUT THIS. I BET YOU THE FIRST THING HE WILL SAY IS THAT WE SHOULD TRADE ARROYO;SORRY KBERTO,IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

RONGY GOOD POST. But I think we can stay with Nelson he is fast good shooter and I know he can learn more how to be a good PG he need to have a good teacher. I like Nelson good speed. OR TO BE ONLY A GOOD SG with Carlos in the PG

dguy getting rid of darko is a huge mistake

carlos cant run the point better than jameer, if he could hed be our starter...carlos should be gone... unfortunately that will not happen and travis will be out next season

batie i agree get rid of that bum

id also be cool with darrel armstrong as long as he doesnt get arrested at any clubs downtown this time

i don't agree with some of the stuff you guys are saying.

Keepers(7): Howard, Ariza, Dooling, Milicic, JJ, Grant (assuming veteran minimum), Garitty (because no one will take his contract... i'd get rid of him if i could tho)

Neutral(4): turk (get rid of him if we need to do that to bring in a scorer), Bo (cheap and can be a defensive spark), Tony battie(cheap, plays w/i his role, but not great player), augustine (get rid of him if we can get something good from a deal)

gone(4): diener, Nelson, Carlos (we need to get rid of these guys and get an actual PG to go with Dooling), bogans (sucks, selfish player, can't do crap, no enthusiasm)