Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

so can we drop the turk-to-LA crap now?(link)

i know this is only quasi related to magic bball. but, since some people here and some orlando columnists think that a turk for odom trade would be good for us, i thought this was relevant:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-...oct09,0,360069.story

a couple of the main quotes:

Assistant coach Kurt Rambis said Odom's game was "fair to middling, maybe poor," and that Odom "didn't seem focused out there."

phil jackson: "I just got through telling him that this is really basketball now," Jackson said Wednesday. "He looks like he's either curling or doing some other kind of sport. He's not playing basketball."

i know this is only quasi related to magic bball. but, since some people here and some orlando columnists think that a turk for odom trade would be good for us, i thought this was relevant:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-...oct09,0,360069.story

a couple of the main quotes:

Assistant coach Kurt Rambis said Odom's game was "fair to middling, maybe poor," and that Odom "didn't seem focused out there."

phil jackson: "I just got through telling him that this is really basketball now," Jackson said Wednesday. "He looks like he's either curling or doing some other kind of sport. He's not playing basketball."

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I've also read articles where Jackson has criticized Kobe, does that mean he sucks?

Yes.

Jackson is not known for using the media to try to motivate his players... no silly business like that.

quote:

I've also read articles where Jackson has criticized Kobe, does that mean he sucks?

and Pippen, and Grant, and Shaq, and probably every player he has ever had except for Jordan.

good point, but are we really at the point where we need to take on the risk of acquiring someone whose motivation and overall play has been questionable at best?

if the quotes were only coming from one person i would understand. but the head coaches' sentiments are echoed by the assistant coaches, the local columnists, and many LA fans as well. where theres smoke, theres fire?

Those same points (questionable overall play and motivation) could be used with Turk before he exploded last year.

Before last season, every coach could have done this same comment about him.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

Those same points (questionable overall play and motivation) could be used with Turk before he exploded last year.

Before last season, every coach could have done this same comment about him.

Good point. Murphy, Odom had his best season under Stan, it's possible we could be a better fit for him.

It isn't a slam dunk of a deal, there is risk but there is also a fair amount of risk with Turk. Are we championship level without an upgrade?

quote:

Good point. Murphy, Odom had his best season under Stan, it's possible we could be a better fit for him.

It isn't a slam dunk of a deal, there is risk but there is also a fair amount of risk with Turk. Are we championship level without an upgrade?

Another thing to consider is: Turk is on the rise, and he'll ask for more money.

Odom is not, but he put pretty fair good statistics all over his career.

Considering that they have the same age, maybe resigning Odom could be cheaper than Hedo.

Just a thought, and I'm not meaning at all that we have to do this trade... just considering all the aspects on the matter...

quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire:

After this season, Turk is going where the real money is at, straight to Europe. With the dollar loosing value at this rate, it is a no brainer.

i guess you havent realized that the dollar is gaining value on the euro, quickly. as of yesterday it was 1.3:1 not so long ago it was 1.8:1.

i still believe we would be better off either keeping turk and paying him or trading him for a young pf. every other season odom misses a lot of games due to injury, and he is pushing 30. on top of that, his two good seasons were last year and 4 years ago when he was the main guy. im not saying he doesnt put up pretty good #'s, but, i have heard a lot over the years about his uninspired play. lets see how he plays during the regular season i guess...