Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Can the MMA world finally stop talking about Kimbo Slice now?

LOL, that is awesome! I'm glad Kimbo managed to get paid for this MMA theatre because that's the only positive thing that came out of this situation. There were only so many bums and retired guys Kimbo could fight before he actually fought someone he couldn't beat. BTW, this guy was 2-2, was dumped by UFC, and I believe took a year off from fighting.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

LOL, that is awesome! I'm glad Kimbo managed to get paid for this MMA theatre because that's the only positive thing that came out of this situation. There were only so many bums and retired guys Kimbo could fight before he actually fought someone he couldn't beat. BTW, this guy was 2-2, was dumped by UFC, and I believe took a year off from fighting.

Right. They made a big deal out of him beating Tank Abbot, "A FORMER UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION". Of course, Abbot was a champion in the early days of UFC when most heavyweight fighters had little training and all the best fighters were in the lower weight divisions, and he, Abbot, was basically an over-the-hill, white Kimbo Slice.

Apparently now they're saying that after Ken Shamrock was ruled out, his brother Frank(the event's color commentator) offered to fight in his place, but was told by CBS he couldn't. Unreal.

I think that Slice will be like Mike Tyson. Even if he loses a few bouts, there will still be enough interest in him that folks will ante up the jack.

So long as he goes off on the next fighter, he will still be in play.

It will take a few losses in a row to really do him in.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Right. They made a big deal out of him beating Tank Abbot, "A FORMER UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION". Of course, Abbot was a champion in the early days of UFC when most heavyweight fighters had little training and all the best fighters were in the lower weight divisions, and he, Abbot, was basically an over-the-hill, white Kimbo Slice.

Apparently now they're saying that after Ken Shamrock was ruled out, his brother Frank(the event's color commentator) offered to fight in his place, but was told by CBS he couldn't. Unreal.

That's because Frank wasn't far enough over the hill to be in Kimbo's league. Pretty sad when an "elite fighter" is dodging commentators.

Gina Carano is more than hot, that's a bad girl right there. I kinda dig girls fighting when they have some actual skill. She can practice ground & pound with me any time.

Kimbo just proves you don't need credentials if you have hype to become president. Whoops, I mean the baddest man alive.

We are officially in the Youtube generation. It reminds me of the clip in the Around the NBA section where the dad is promoting his son through Youtube clips.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Gina Carano is more than hot, that's a bad girl right there. I kinda dig girls fighting when they have some actual skill. She can practice ground & pound with me any time.

Kimbo just proves you don't need credentials if you have hype to become president. Whoops, I mean the baddest man alive.

Right now, EliteXC's women's division is the only thing they have that isn't openly amateur hour when compared to UFC. At this point the comparison between those two companies is ridiculous. It's like what would happen if the CFL had a better TV deal than the NFL did.