Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Semi - Finals...Team USA vs. Argentina

LOL, that's true, but you can imagine what HUEVOS represent.

Well, it's an expression we use a lot, at least here in the south. It's the same as cojones, but we don't use that word here.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I thought huevo meant egg and heart was corazon?

In spanish huevos is also used to refer to male balls. Like the dude said, its like cojones.

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I thought huevo meant egg and heart was corazon?

In spanish huevos is also used to refer to male balls. Like the dude said, its like cojones.

Ahh, then why didn't he say cojones???

Silly spanish speakers. Don't you guys know biology?

If you tell me team USA is playing a team full of Huevos, I would have to think we are playing a team of women!

quote:
Originally posted by Caco:

I'm just trying to make you know the marvels of the Spanish languaje, just as I learn from you the english ones.

Yes, I know. I am just having some fun with some cross culture differences and word play.

Other than the USA shooting 13 threes per minute, I guess it was alright. Oh, and get Dwight the ball!!

I can't wait for the regular season to begin. I can tell that this season Dwight is gonna take a big step on offense. He really wants the ball now.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Other than the USA shooting 13 threes per minute, I guess it was alright. Oh, and get Dwight the ball!!

I can't wait for the regular season to begin. I can tell that this season Dwight is gonna take a big step on offense. He really wants the ball now.

He's somehow managed to get even better at establishing position in the paint and sealing his man. That's scary, because he was already easily the best in the league at doing it.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

He's somehow managed to get even better at establishing position in the paint and sealing his man. That's scary, because he was already easily the best in the league at doing it.

I'm surprised you noticed with Doug Collins gushing all over Bosh and his one offensive rebound, and excellent defense. I'm sick of it.

The 2008 U.S. Men's Olympic Team (7-0) watched its 30-11 first quarter lead dwindle to six points late in the second period before regaining control in the second half with a balanced scoring attack that saw seven U.S. players finish in double figures to help the USA overpower Argentina (5-2) 101-81 and advance to Sunday's gold medal game Friday night at Wukesong Arena in Beijing, China.

Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets), who made 13-of-13 free throws to set U.S. Olympic game records for made free throws and free throw percentage, led the way with 21 points.

LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers) added 15 points and five rebounds; Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets) and Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat) each scored 12 points; Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors) tallied an 11-point, 10-rebound double-double; and Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic) contributed 10 points and nine rebounds. Additionally, Jason Kidd (Dallas Mavericks) dished seven assists in 16 minutes.

The win was the USA's fourth consecutive victory against Argentina at the senior level since losing in the 2004 Olympic semifinals, including a win in the 2006 FIBA World Championship bronze medal game and two wins in last summer's 2007 FIBA Americas Championship.

http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=08_moly_07

quote:
Originally posted by Caco:

This Argentina's team has something that no other team has, not even the US team, and that's HUEVO.

You would call it heart, but it is more than that, it's the will to win, no matter what, and that's a consecuence of the love they have for their country. This team in particular is specially tough in that aspect. That's why I said before the game that Manu, Scola and Chapu are warriors, you will never beat them until they stop breathing.

It's even irrational, but every argentinian team in every sport has it (we could argue about Riquelme though LOL). It makes them a little arrogant too (no offense, but you know it).

I think Spain has more talent than Argentina, especially depth wise, but it will be an easier match to the US team IMO.

caco, my friend of ururguay if i my memory don